New driver tacho question

Yesterday and today I was doing depot to depot work, the longest drive being 45 minutes. I took a 30 minute break both days before 4.5 hours working time was up and changed the tacho to rest, (as I’d never just do 4.5 hours straight driving anyway). Both days the tach showed I was getting near to my maximum 4.5 hours driving and need to work out if I’m doing anything wrong.

Jeffrey32:
Yesterday and today I was doing depot to depot work, the longest drive being 45 minutes. I took a 30 minute break both days before 4.5 hours working time was up and changed the tacho to rest, (as I’d never just do 4.5 hours straight driving anyway). Both days the tach showed I was getting near to my maximum 4.5 hours driving and need to work out if I’m doing anything wrong.

When you have your second ‘‘30’’ make sure you have a ‘‘31’’ instead, some tachos will only register a ‘‘29’’ if you stop your break dead on 30 so your break wont register. i always have 2 minutes extra to be sure. so for a ‘‘15’’ i have a ‘‘17’’ etc.

As the above post says always take 31 and 16 mins to be sure.
Could it also be you’ve looked at the total driving time for the day?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jeffrey32:

After reading your post again, you say you took a 30 before 4.5 working time did you mean driving time? If its driving time you need a 45 break. or a 15 followed by a 30.

Sounds like the ■■■■■■■■■■ driving has ended up being close to 4.5 hours. The 30 minutes break you took would only count as a 15 for the purposes of breaks from driving. Simply take another 30 minutes to reset the 4.5 hours.

Monkey241:

PSSST … 16 and 31 :wink: :smiley:

ROG:

Monkey241:

Yes…a total of 47.
I’ve fallen foul of the Volvo tacho before…
Display clearly read 15 or 30…only for driving time not to reset

Monkey241:

ROG:

Monkey241:

Yes…a total of 47.
I’ve fallen foul of the Volvo tacho before…
Display clearly read 15 or 30…only for driving time not to reset

You put 31 + 16 which is why I posted 16 + 31

Ah…fair point