New driver saying Hi!

Hi, new driver. Passed my class 2 in 2017 and then had to put the driving on hold. Passed class 1 after no HGV experience first time. :open_mouth: 4 minor faults so still plenty of learning to do!
1st day learning in the class 1 was tough, back and arms ached from being so tense! Not recommended!

Only problem now seems to be getting in a class 1 with no experience…

You’ll always get a start on an agency or with the bigger players.

Welcome aboard and all that.

And sometimes the small family owned type firms are worth a go, they can be more flexible.

just ask anyone who has a vaccancies or not. i got lucky and have a small family run company that gave me an assessment and iam now starting with them on tuesday. i only passed my c+e on the 17th of this month.

Agency to get practice, practice,practice. I’ve had my licence for 17 years been driving class 2 past few months back onto class 1 next week & im thinking hope I can remember how to do it :smiley:. Good luck !

Thanks all,

Am doing some class 2 through agency. Hopefully have a bit of class 1 coming my way soon :smiley:

SiSwipe:
Thanks all,

Am doing some class 2 through agency. Hopefully have a bit of class 1 coming my way soon :smiley:

Keep nagging the agency for class 1 otherwise they may just leave you doing class 2. Also, if you haven’t already, sign up to a couple of agencies, as you’ll more likely get class 1 from somewhere else if your current agency seems a little slow in finding you class 1 work. Most have class 1 work that doesn’t require experience, it’s just putting a bit of pressure on them to get the work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk