new driver question

hi,in the middle of taking my class 2 license(cat c) just passed my theory and hazard and i have my driving test in a couple of weeks!what i want to know is can i drive my firms lorry on l-plates to get a bit of practice?i do removals so can easily be sat up by one of my other work mates that hold full licenses.

best advice you’ll ever get …dont do it,save your time any money

you would have to check with your firms insurance co first

mezzzz1211:

what do you mean by that?

goonerewill:
you would have to check with your firms insurance co first

insurance should be fine if thats all there is to it,just wondered if it was legal,as i have never seen a company lorry with l-plates,just driving schools?

Plenty of companies do it, not just training schools.

Passed an 11 plate EVE trackway Wagon & Drag today on the M25 with L plates on it.

Driver / Instructor needs to have held licence for 3 years and needs to be awake and not ■■■■■■■

8wheels:
Plenty of companies do it, not just training schools.

Passed an 11 plate EVE trackway Wagon & Drag today on the M25 with L plates on it.

Driver / Instructor needs to have held licence for 3 years and needs to be awake and not ■■■■■■■

ok thanks will look in to it,oh and what you saying about us removal men?(needs to be awake and not ■■■■■■■■

8wheels

Just a general observation on supervising learners that’s all. But mainly so the regular driver can’t have a kip while you do his job for him.

mezzzz1211:

If your reactions behind the wheel are anything like your avatar i’m not surprised you tell people not to do it.

What is it with some drivers ,

Yes the jobs changed since 1967 but not all for the worst

Yes the boss now knows where you are every minute

Yes the costs have gone through the roof.

But its still a job that most of us enjoy and I feel like ive been on holiday since I passed my test at 21.(Im almost 50 now!)
I f you cant offer any encouragement to someone thats already spent time and money to pursue his goal then dont bother posting on that thread.

In answer to the OP question…yes so long as the boss knows and the insurance is in order.

toowise:

mezzzz1211:

If your reactions behind the wheel are anything like your avatar i’m not surprised you tell people not to do it.

But its still a job that most of us enjoy and I feel like ive been on holiday since I passed my test at 21.(Im almost 50 now!)
I f you cant offer any encouragement to someone thats already spent time and money to pursue his goal then dont bother posting on that thread.

In answer to the OP question…yes so long as the boss knows and the insurance is in order.

thanks for your reply,will see what i can sort out tomorrow!oh and well said,couldnt of put it better myself!

Just take no notice of all the rubbish you will be told by the other drivers. Just stick to what your instructor told you - he knows how to pass the test.

my advice is dont get the extra practice. The trainers are there to tell you how to pass the test. let them do their job and you’ll have plenty of time after passing your test to learn more.

if you understand what i mean?

toowise:

mezzzz1211:

Well said that man.

thanks for all the replies,i see what you mean about just sticking to the training,got my test in a couple of weeks so may as well not bother practicing!thanks again.