New driver needs help and advice

When parking up at night,note where you are parked.Some sat navs have a where am i option.
If disturbed at 3 am and ring 999, the first thing they ask is where is the location of the emergency.
Being half asleep and not knowing where you are is not easy.
As said take lots of water.Lidl and Aldi do multipacks for about 30 p per two litre bottles.
A wash basin for shaving.
Storage containers like Tupperware for bits and bibs.
A clip board to keep paper work tidy.
Enough spare digi paper rolls.
A diary to record all activity,this helps if somebody else was driving your truck and you get the blame.

loo roll and carrier bags :wink:

Ha ha ha ha I wont fotget loo roll and bags lol. Thank you all for your help and tips really appreciate it

:open_mouth: ear plugs…in case you near a pesky fridge unit :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and a bloody good holdall bag :wink:
I use a Carp fishing bag its waterproof, padded and loads of pockets its called TF Gear :wink:

I also used to have a box of weetabix (other cheap copies are available but they’re crap) and varity packs of cereals. May sound daft but I tried to avoid too many fry ups as an investment in my future health, but as I smoked it was a bit lame. Always good to have a tupperware tub of two so you can prepare a cereal or any other type of snack for in the day though. Oh and long life milk for emergencies, perhaps even invest in a fridge for the warm coming months. Theres a few threads on here about good fridges.

Don’t be afraid to get inventive and do some in cab cooking, but I would advise keeping any gas stove out of the cab when asleep.

Don’t forget a bottle to puss in during the night , I suggest a fabric softener bottle as wide holes[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] . And empty in a drain don’t throw in road

Whirlwind:
Don’t forget a bottle to puss in during the night , I suggest a fabric softener bottle as wide holes[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] . And empty in a drain don’t throw in road

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ewwww :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Lol , bloody auto correct

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dried milk powder for tea/coffee and cereals.It wont go off.

bonnie lass:
As said above, & don’t forget your truck road map! an essential piece of equipment :smiley:

Do new drivers still carry a map, where I work there was two new agency drivers asking for directions last week when I asked to show them on there map got told don’t carry one only use sat nav

bazza0385:
Thanks for that I’ll be working for d&p haulage class 2 curtain side most work goes down tolLondon ect ect I’ll be doing around 4 nights out a week mostly palletised work

I used to do a bit of agency with D&P and quite liked it although some people didn’t. Main thing is to keep them informed if you’ve any delays/problems etc. They like to be kept up to date.

Gloves :wink:

Well you are working for D&P so they wont be paying for parking that’s for sure, as an ex employee if you want any advice PM me, if you are doing central London its going to be Kingspan which is raised access flooring which to be honest isn’t too bad, tipping in central is interesting to say the least, I don’t know if they still do it but they used to do a lot of bird food out of Driffield which is a back breaker.

Good luck!

You guys have been a massive help thank you so much good to see you all look out for one another top stuff cheers

Good luck with the job Baz, remember your now broken in on Trucknet, you will get some stick now :laughing: :laughing:

Keep us updated on how you go mate, :wink:

forget all the above , take my misses , she is a [zb] know it all , you wont go wrong. :grimacing:

tamarman:
forget all the above , take my misses , she is a [zb] know it all , you wont go wrong. :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A good hat, every driver should have a good hat, and if possible a second best hat in case the good hat is indisposed. A thinking hat helps you solve any problem.