New driver needing help

Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what the combined working time you can do each day. I know you can driver for 9 hours but what is the max you can do if you did other work as well.

Tia

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not really a combined working time, except for accumulating hours for WTD.

It about minimum rest in a 24 hour period, this gives you a maximum daily shift limit from starting to finishing work, including all driving, other work and breaks in that time.

Daily Rest 11 hours, can be reduced to no less than 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods.
(The daily rest period must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, any rest that falls
outside of the 24 hour period does not count towards the daily rest period)

Maximum duty time13 hours, can be extended to 15 hours 3 between weekly rest periods. (A duty
time of more than 13 hours is also considered to be a reduced Daily Rest)

Daily Rest can be split into 2 separate periods one must be of at least 9 hours and the other of at
least 3 hours. (if done this way it’s not considered to be a reduced Daily Rest period)

If you PM us your email, I can send you a document with all the Drivers Hours and WTD regs laid out in as easy to understand format that a couple of us could come up with,

Mrslow:
Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what the combined working time you can do each day. I know you can driver for 9 hours but what is the max you can do if you did other work as well.

Tia

Unless your looking for a full blown Tacho lesson off one of the tacho gurus on here then just stick to 13hrs a day wich you can extend to 15hrs 3 times a week

(Puts tin hat on and awaits all the variations and exceptions and working time ■■■■■■■■)

chaversdad:

Mrslow:

Tia

Unless your looking for a full blown Tacho lesson off one of the tacho gurus on here then just stick to 13hrs a day wich you can extend to 15hrs 3 times a week

(Puts tin hat on and awaits all the variations and exceptions and working time ■■■■■■■■)

3 times between weekly rests

Mrslow:

• You can drive for 9 hours between daily rest periods or between a weekly rest period and a daily rest period.
    This can be extended to 10 hours driving time twice a week.
    [/*:m]
  • You must have completed a daily rest period of 11 hours within the period of 24 hours from the start of the shift, this means you must start a daily rest period no later than 13 hours from the start of the shift.
    The daily rest period can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods, this means that 3 times between weekly rest periods you must start a daily rest period no later than 15 hours from the start of the shift.[/*:m][/list:u]

So basically you can do 13 hour shifts but this can be extended to 15 hour shifts 3 times between weekly rest periods.
This is however the maximum daily working periods you can do, it should not be seen as a target :wink:

All you need to know is you can work twice as many hours for the same pay as everyone else, you can sleep in a tin box, never see family or friends, get fined for doing your job, it’s great :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Also worth remembering, if you go over 13 hrs you then have less than 11 hours rest, less than 11 is a reduced daily rest.