New driver need help after vosa stop

Hey guys can someone give me some info please.

basically to cut it short I was working for a delivery company and was getting WTD infringements a lot cause work load and also my lack of knowledge at the time being new to driving and having a transport manager that would deliberately deceive people to ensure work was done so I left them and started driving for someone else and got my digi card replaced due to a fault and today I was flagged in for the roadside check with the full toffee hammer routine what im wondering will the tacho head have a record of all my infringements from my old card as it was used once before I got my new card and If so would vosa have issued me fines at the roadside or how do they do it I did ask if I had infringements and he said no I was spot on

any help is much appreciated

VOSA now DVSA have no interest in WTD so providing your EU regs were all ok then no worries

If I read this right . You have a fresh card in a new vehicle and so far your infringement free … data cannot be transferred from card (except from your details ie name driver number etc ) anything from another vehicle is stored on your card only. and not processed onto any other tacho head …

ROG:
VOSA now DVSA have no interest in WTD so providing your EU regs were all ok then no worries

YET .

but should you be involved in an accident fault or not that could be different .

steelviper:
Hey guys can someone give me some info please.

basically to cut it short I was working for a delivery company and was getting WTD infringements a lot cause work load and also my lack of knowledge at the time being new to driving and having a transport manager that would deliberately deceive people to ensure work was done so I left them and started driving for someone else and got my digi card replaced due to a fault and today I was flagged in for the roadside check with the full toffee hammer routine what im wondering will the tacho head have a record of all my infringements from my old card as it was used once before I got my new card and If so would vosa have issued me fines at the roadside or how do they do it I did ask if I had infringements and he said no I was spot on

any help is much appreciated

The tachograph head does not copy what’s on your driver card, what’s on the tachograph head is all the records for the vehicle, there are no records copied from your driver card to the tachograph head.

So you can relax now :wink:

True im always careful of my Eu regs never had any infringements for that its only the WTD due to lack of knowledge but now I make sure I take my 15 break around the 5 hour mark.

I just wondered if the head would of recorded the info off the old card due to me using it for the first day of new job

Looks like oscar pistorius is getting a new cell mate :smiley:

steelviper:
True im always careful of my Eu regs never had any infringements for that its only the WTD due to lack of knowledge but now I make sure I take my 15 break around the 5 hour mark.

I just wondered if the head would of recorded the info off the old card due to me using it for the first day of new job

na don’t worry but like I said about Rog’s post Dvsa / vosa might not be interested in WTD infringement’s but if you get caught up in anything like I did last Sat the police ad vosa went through my card looking at everything.
Our place had an audit 2 months ago and as long as they flag and have a procedure in place for infringement’s wtd and hrs its fine but if they hadn’t then they would be falling short of their duty to enforce as required with their O licence …

Download tachoguard if you have a smart phone. Does it all for you. Brilliant app

I use it at moment as I am on an analogue tacho and saves me thinking.

ROG:

Rog ,why would the vosa man some 5 years ago when he came out to our yard and told my brother he was to put a card in and record other duty even on a none driving day when doing paper work or maintenance ?

If you are falling short of your EU regs then you are in trouble. WTD is believe is an issue between you and your employer.

Dan Punchard:

ROG:

Rog ,why would the vosa man some 5 years ago when he came out to our yard and told my brother he was to put a card in and record other duty even on a none driving day when doing paper work or maintenance ?

Because you need to record other work for EU driving regs ( to ensure you have the correct rest )

Dan Punchard:

ROG:

Because you are required to record ALL work that you do in any week that you do ANY in-scope driving. This is under Tachograph/Drivers Hours regs, not Working Time regs.

michael.d.s.:
Looks like oscar pistorius is getting a new cell mate :smiley:

Dont go to the bog in the middle of the night lol

i can see another 300 quid has been well spent on the dcpc
you guys are supposed to be experts now with your new card and know all about it, i would be asking for a refund if i was you.

I see mainly ‘newish’ drivers asking these questions and TBH its not their fault because the initial dcpc fails to address the issue of driver regs in a meaningful way

ROG:
I see mainly ‘newish’ drivers asking these questions and TBH its not their fault because the initial dcpc fails to address the issue of driver regs in a meaningful way

Not only that, but if something isn’t relevant to you, then the chances of you taking it in are slim.

So, to bombard a newbie with a load of info that has no real context is just a box ticking exercise, and not really ‘training’

I’ve never used ‘ferry mode’, it was covered on my dCPC, but if I ever come to the point where I’d need to use it, I’d be asking on here, because I don’t remember, it was irrelevant to me, so didn’t sink in.

desypete:
i can see another 300 quid has been well spent on the dcpc
you guys are supposed to be experts now with your new card and know all about it, i would be asking for a refund if i was you.

Just remind were it says drivers hours must be part of the dcpc.

WTD is euro law (It’s not up to you)
If the company works you over the WTD they are at fault not you.
Its there as a majority agreement or not