New driver n tramping

Hi all I am one week in to full time employment as class 2 driver, I know this probably been asked before but my job I have up to 4 nights out in a week. What is the best way to keep track of driving hours and break times. We are using analogue tacho,s its even more hard to keep track as the is no 15 min warning as with the digital tacho

In the good old bad old days when I was a driver, I used to write it down. It aint that hard! Failing which you can buy various devices sold in truckstops to aid you with this.

But I would go for pen and paper first - why spend money for the privilege of going to work!

Hope you find a way that suits you, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have seen n herd of people using simple timers that work.
I will start writing driving hours on paper in morn.
I just panicked today as I was getting or was thinking I was near my ten hours but after filling out tacho at end of duty I was 8.30 hours on driving.

Use a countdown timer only couple of quid , or if you want can get the hour guard , decent bit of kit fair price tag tho £90+ new

If you have an android fone try truck timer app.

Trucktimer by spotty dog is great if use it all the time when driving.

I recommend TruckerTimer v 4.0.5. Visit the links from your Android device. TruckerTimer v 4.0.5 ( market.android.com/search?q=pnam … ottydog.tt )

A kitchen timer that cooks use is ideal from hardware shops or truck stops.Set it to 10 or 9 hour drive then use it to countdown daily rest too.
Or for driving set it to 4.30 hours.

You can get a truck timer for 6 quid off ebay. Day to day diary for logging down manually or as mentioned the app.

pete1476:
Hi all I am one week in to full time employment as class 2 driver, I know this probably been asked before but my job I have up to 4 nights out in a week. What is the best way to keep track of driving hours and break times. We are using analogue tacho,s its even more hard to keep track as the is no 15 min warning as with the digital tacho

Where are you based (i’m guessing from your posts you’re somewhere in the North West)? I’m in Liverpool i have a Driver Hour Guard DHG TS01 , you can have it for free if you can pick it up or i’ll drive a short way to meet you. You can PM me if you want it i’ll be happy to pass it over.

Get the hour guard off him for free they are good , paid £95 for mine I think your getting a bargain there lol

Thanks mike-c for the hour guard today top bloke, after a hour of playing around am confident to use it Monday morning for work,

Does it have the manual with it ? Fairly straight forward explanations , just keep it turned on all the time

I use the cheap timer, just keep forgetting to pause it when unloading :blush:
That hour guard looks a good gizmo though, I like gizmos :blush: off to read up on it :laughing: :laughing:

Paying for stuff to make life easier is not a bad thing in my opinion :wink:

pete1476:
Thanks mike-c for the hour guard today top bloke, after a hour of playing around am confident to use it Monday morning for work,

No probs Pete. I think they’re a great piece of kit and give you a good overview of how things are planning out. Good luck with it.

The reason I bought 1 is I thought it’s better paying 90odd than getting a fine for not knowing what hours etc, even tho I still get infringements lol but they are good

I have the DHG1 the DHG2 is not much good to me as cant connect to my lappy being a mac

But a good bit of kit or have a look in this forum

THE DRIVERS HOUR GUARD TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM
This forum allows the original designer of the units to give TruckNet UK members free technical support. He no longer has any part in the selling or marketing of the products and any off topic posts will be removed without warning.

Just scroll down on the index page

Can someone enlighten me about the DHG. Does it change automatically from driving to other work or do I need to change it like I do with my app? As I keep forgetting on the app

Tipper Tom:
Can someone enlighten me about the DHG. Does it change automatically from driving to other work or do I need to change it like I do with my app? As I keep forgetting on the app

You have to change the Hour Guard to each activity manually.

If you want a phone app that changes automatically to driving mode try TruckerTimer.

By default you have to manually change it to drive mode but you can change that in the settings so that the mode changes when the vehicle moves.

tachograph:

Tipper Tom:

You have to change the Hour Guard to each activity manually.

If you want a phone app that changes automatically to driving mode try TruckerTimer.

By default you have to manually change it to drive mode but you can change that in the settings so that the mode changes when the vehicle moves.

Thanks for that I’ve just downloaded it from App Store. Obviously not tried it yet but I’ve set it up. Thank you