New driver looking for some help/advice

Hi guys, recently passed my class 2 licence. I am looking at getting on the road as soon as possible. I understand I need to do modules 2 and 4 to get my CPC. I have my module 2 test booked for tomorrow. Fingers crossed if I pass I hope to do my module 4 at the end of the month.

I have spoken to a couple of agencies in my area but can anyone recommend any decent firms in the north east? I am after part time work at the moment.

Forgot to put I also have ADR classes 1,2,3 in tanks.

dan2k7:
Forgot to put I also have ADR classes 1,2,3 in tanks.

Can I enquire why you don’t have the other classes, yet you have explosives.
Are you ex military?

Yeah I got it through the reserves.

dan2k7:
Yeah I got it through the reserves.

Ahh, I see! :smiley:
Well I’m sure others like our ADR forum expert DieselDave will know better, but my assumption is that your ADR is a bit limited to be useful outside of tanks, as you don’t have the other commonly carried products like corrosives, toxics, oxidisers & Misc…
I currently carry packages (pallet delivery) and do a variety of the above, so I’d say your ADR is basically limited to tanks, where you may only be transporting fuel. (As I understand it, as you have “tanks”, you would also have 1,2 & 3 in “other than tanks”)

I’d suggest you consider updating your ADR to include the missing other commonly carried classes…

Best of luck! :smiley:

P.S. I’m a southerner, so can’t help with the work recommendations!

Thanks for reply. Yeah I can carry them classes in or out of tanks. The in tanks module was an extra course I had to sit. It is strange that they don’t allow us to do the full package but couldn’t grumble at getting paid to do it.