New driver infringement help please

Hi guys I’m a new trucker and wanted some advice please.

Ok so I started working a few weeks ago for a small agency. When I signed up with them I said I had no experience so he said he would put me in as a co driver with someone experienced. Went in on Tuesday and we where off from manchester to central London in an 18t.
All seemed good until the driver next to me said he had his licence for 7 years, drove for 1 week before taking a 7 year break and had only just come back and had no clue about using the tacho. New we where in for trouble when he was adamant it would be ok to use a car sat nav in an 18t rigid.
To cut a long story short on the way back we stopped at services
Other driver ejects his card and I get a phone call " get the wagon back" so I drive and when I get to base realise I am 2 hours over daily rest for 2 driver team.
I have now left that job as told I was going London and ended up dropping in Dover a few days ago.

They have not let me upload my tacho so what should I do and how do I go about uploading my tacho, should I bother going down the route of vosa?

Don’t worry about it. Its up to the employer to make sure you are able to download your card but if they don’t ask or make the facility available then it’s not your problem. You’ve still got the card with all the information on it so you are legal even though the previous company are not.
If they don’t ask then don’t waste your own time offering.

Downloading the card is not your problem, you made the card available for download and that’s the only legal obligation you have, so forget it.

I’m not sure what you mean by “2 hours over daily rest for 2 driver team”, if you were multi-manning you can do a maximum of 21 hours from the start to the end of the shift, did you have your driver card in slot 2 of the tachograph all day ?

Forget about going to VOSA, put the idea right out of your head.

don’t panic as long as you put your card in and you didn’t go over your driving time you should be ok unless you did more than 21 hrs duty lol …you don’t need to put it on break unless the other driver does all the driving which I presume he didn’t and when you change drivers you changed cards over as well ?

Don’t offer anything to VOSA, if you ever get stopped-Name, Rank & Number only, until the Torturing starts, then it’s up to you how long you keep Stum ! LOL.

Thanks for the replies

We where out for 22 hours all together including other work so it seems we where still 1 hour into our daily rest period

Other problem was 1 hour from base other driver new this and ejected his card so it looks like I dropped him off. Although they will notice it was services lol.

Won’t forget my first day haha.