New driver, have a question

Hello, I recently passed my HGV class 2 and cpc and was wondering if there is any company’s that take new drivers in leeds Wakefield area, as I’m aged 21. I’m wanting to avoid agencies if possible and go straight into a company.

Check on indeed, there was a job that was advertising about now taking on new drivers at 21. Woodland logistics or something, in the Doncaster area.

I initially thought the same as the OP regarding avoiding agencies, but now i believe there are pro’s and con’s to each…

Yes agency work is likely to result you being thrown straight in at the deep end, but at the same time you get to try out the job without being too committed to it. What if you hate it■■?
And just because you start with a firm through agency, it doesn’t stop them taking you on permanent further down the road. You also get the chance to network a bit, and wait for the right job to come up without being overly tied to your existing one…

I suppose the above does rely on you being good, as if you are on agency and crap, then the phone may not ring…

Try Gees haulage ask for Andy the boss.

Evil8Beezle:
I initially thought the same as the OP regarding avoiding agencies, but now i believe there are pro’s and con’s to each…

Yes agency work is likely to result you being thrown straight in at the deep end, but at the same time you get to try out the job without being too committed to it. What if you hate it■■?
And just because you start with a firm through agency, it doesn’t stop them taking you on permanent further down the road. You also get the chance to network a bit, and wait for the right job to come up without being overly tied to your existing one…

I suppose the above does rely on you being good, as if you are on agency and crap, then the phone may not ring…

+1 indeed

Thanks, I’ll have a look, I’m already signed on with a agency but they haven’t found me work yet, I’m going to sign onto another agency see what happens

Agency work does have its good points if your a newbie,sign up for a few then if you don’t like where your sent ask to be sent elsewhere,the agency want you working so sending you where your happier you both win,will get you experience in different trucks and types of jobs which is all good.
If I had the choice again would steer clear of a permanent job straight after passing due to if you don’t like it your stuck there at least agencies give you flexibility to find your feet without feeling stuck where you don’t like.

Jeff.

Try Montgomery Distribution. They run out of George Walkers in Morley.