New driver doing driving assessment!

I obtained my licence back in 2004 and used it ad-hoc whilst carrying out my main job but didn’t get loads of experience so I am regarding myself as a new inexperienced driver. I am leaving my job now and I have passed the interview stage and I have just got to get through a driving assessment, health and safety, driver’s hours test and WTD and highway code.

I have now got a digi card but I haven’t got a clue how to use but I am going around a mate’s house so I think he’ll give me an insight into that.

I was wondering if anyone can give any tips on these subjects. I have read up so I am about as prep’d as I can be but it doesn’t hurt to ask if anyone can give us some tips or advice!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WELCOME :smiley:

Digital Tachograph Simulator and Instructions.

ROG:
WELCOME :smiley:

Digital Tachograph Simulator and Instructions.

Thanks for this I hvae just gonevthrough the seimens one as i think its that one i’ll be using.

On the health and safety front, I know this is a bore to the world but there is an element in the test so I was wondering apart from the daily walk around check what do you guys think could be asked?

Went well, no issues! Fingers crossed got myself a job

Paul Owen:
Went well, no issues! Fingers crossed got myself a job

Good for you, well done on getting the job. Just do your best, they can’t ask more than that. Perhaps you’ll update the thread to let us know how you get on.

BB

ok will do.

I am hoping for a call this week to confirm this then i’ll get more details

Got the job and due to start on feb 4th.

Starting me with another driver on class 2 then building up my expperience on that then on to trunking and in approximately 4 months move on to urban artics on my own!

Seems a good approach to what is new territory for me. Give me the needed time to build my confidence up.

Well Done. Let us know how it goes.

Well, started on monday and nothing much happened but loadsa H & S reading etc. Went on first drive with another driver today and it broke down!! Twice!! so not a great start but I am relieved that it was the DAF not me!

Reading up on midday meal payment of £2 per day. Is that payable as long as you do a run or is there more to it?