New driver cpc

Hi all this is my first post and need some advice.
Passed my class 2 on 1st december 2011 and passed my car test in 1992 (had C1 on licence when past car test) am i right that i dont need to do mod 2 and mod 4 and just need to get 35 hours cpc in before sept 2014?
The reason i asked ive applied for a job were a mate of mine works and the transport manager is asking have i done my mod4 as i need to.

Cheers any info would be great.

Welcome to the forum

You are correct in that if you had C1 on your license with your B category pass then you do not need to do Mod 2 or 4

You will need to do 35 hours of CPC training before sept 2014 to drive professionally after that date.

Well done on your Cat C Pass

Dean

bikerbas:
Passed my class 2 on 1st december 2011

:smiley: :smiley:

=====================================================================

bikerbas:
passed my car test in 1992 (had C1 on licence when past car test) am i right that i dont need to do mod 2 and mod 4 and just need to get 35 hours cpc in before sept 2014?

You are right :slight_smile:

Will need to to mod2 and 4

bikerbas:
The reason i asked ive applied for a job were a mate of mine works and the transport manager is asking have i done my mod4 as i need to.

Good that TMs are asking but shame that they do not ask the right questions or understand what is required depending on the licence

Noworries could you explain why i need mod 2 and 4
Thanks for the replys.

Hi. From the information you have given, you will NOT need Mod 2 and Mod 4. Just the 35 hours before Sept 2014 to drive professionally - as dar1976 said.

As you already have a C1 licence pre=dating the inception date of the driver cpc (Sept 2009 for trucks), you have acquired, or grandfather, rights taking you to Sept 2014.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

bikerbas:
Noworries could you explain why i need mod 2 and 4
Thanks for the replys.

Because I was assuming your c1 was acquired rights and had a restriction code 101 (not for hire and reward), hence it cannot be classed as a vocational licence, unless you sat a c1 test and have no restriction code.

Noworries:
Will need to to mod2 and 4

As he passed the car test before 1997 he was given a LGV C1 for FREE which meant that when he passed LGV C he was already an LGV driver before 10/09/2009 so is already in the dcpc system with aquired/grandfather rights

Only those who are gaining their very first LGV licence (C1 or C) on or after 10/09/2009 and wish to use that licence to drive commercially need to do initial LGV dcpc modules 2 & 4

I hope that explanation helps you

PS - the 101 restriction is not at the side of a pre 97 C1 but is at the side of the pre 97 D1

Because I was assuming your c1 was acquired rights and had a restriction code 101 (not for hire and reward),

Easy mistake. The 101 code applies to D1 (minibus) on acquired rights but never to C1.

Hope that helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I stand corrected Peter, happy new year :smiley:
The beauty of a forum, many minds , many answers, but only one correct :blush:

Thanks for all you replys,Great to have forums like this were we can get information
Thanks again

Congrats on passing ya test :wink:

Cheers.Passed first time with 4 minors and on way back to test centre my examiner got us lost so i was out for extra 25 minutes.My trainer thought we had broke down somewere.

It’s not unusual for examiners to get lost. He/she was probably a new recruit, we have had the same happen numerous times. I think due to all the budget cuts they get less paid time to learn the local test routes compared to years gone by. We have had driving driving examiners do all sorts on test. Here is just a few, calling at his house to pick up something he left before leaving for work, getting stuck in snow, falling asleep, getting stuck trying to complete a u-turn with an artic on a normal width road and obviously getting lost lots! It’s not easy being an examiner you know! I bet they have some stories to tell.