New Driver advice

Hi
I have just passed my CAT C, I am looking for work straight away.
Because I am completely new to the transport world I was just after some advice.
Could anyone tell what and who are the best agencies in the east midlands area or nationally. I was thinking of taking the plunge and registering with 4-5 agencies and hoping that I can get steady work and experience under my belt.
Because I am new, I would welcome any advice on my next steps.
Can anyone help.

Thanks
Dan.

:smiley: :smiley:

Take copies of CV and knock on doors - speak to the person who hires the drivers

A tip is to google the website for VOSA, there is a few pages that lists applications for operators in your area.The contact information is on these pages.
It ranges from large firms to small family firms or an owner driver with one truck.There may be firms that you may not have known existed in the area.
Some truck magazines have a free advert section, where you could offer your services, they will find you there.
Some job search sites are Rapido, Gumtree and Eures.
Keep the eyes peeled in local magazines and newspapers,or the Trade It free mag has driving jobs.
Are there farmers nearby for any type of driving work.?
Emailing, phoning, faxing,or texting employers is a waste of time, they never answer or reply, writing to them is the same.
At busy periods, they will not have the time to speak.
As said, pack the car ready for work, and show up at the premises, and say you are ready to go, with luck a driver is ill or failed to turn for his shift, then you are in.
Try small to large van firms or parcel/couriers, it may not be what you want, but you gain a good knowledge of the road network.
Keep plugging at it, you will get a lucky break, in the meantime, it is the jobs that you do not want to do at first.