New direct Job at last

Well after passing my LGV - C almost two years ago I’ve finally managed to a job direct with a company delivering building supplies & construction equipment. Mini diggers & that sort of thing.

I’ve been dabbling in & out of agencies messed about by them something rotten.
I had to take a permanent job from August as a factory worker for steady hours due to my missus & I having our second daughter.

I found being a battery hen so to speak isn’t really for me but it was giving me regular work to keep the girls fed. I just on the off chance saw a sign outside a company wanting a driver & got offered an interview. That afternoon got the call to say I can start next week.

It’s great as it’s double my salary & contracted for just 40 hrs a week. I’ll be dropping building stuff off across the south east.

The trucks a Mercedes 1823 manual job. Not really driven one of these apart from a quick run around the block which I did ok. Anyone know much about these trucks? Good - bad etc?

Strange thing is I’m bricking it as it’s my first direct job :open_mouth: :smiley:

So if to anyone new - don’t give up if you want direct. You will get that lucky break sooner or later.

Cheers guys

Congrats on the direct job !!

Did they require you to have a HIAB ticket ?

Hyh:
Congrats on the direct job !!

Did they require you to have a HIAB ticket ?

Cheers :slight_smile:

I have an NPROS but they didn’t need one from we as they willing to put me through it. They were more worried about a cscs card. I don’t have one but again they will train or put me through it.

Best of luck pal, sounds like a reasonably varied sort of job as you won’t be doing the same places all the time.
But I’m confused as to the wages, are you saying you’re on double the Min wage?
If so good for you! :laughing:

I am assuming you mean a Merc Axor 1823 18 tonner.

We had a few at P&H. 6 speed straight manual box no splitter. AKA A piece of ■■■■.

Evil8Beezle:
Best of luck pal, sounds like a reasonably varied sort of job as you won’t be doing the same places all the time.
But I’m confused as to the wages, are you saying you’re on double the Min wage?
If so good for you! :laughing:

Yes mate I’m on min wage so this is twice as better. :smiley:

eagerbeaver:

We had a few at P&H. 6 speed straight manual box no splitter. AKA A piece of ■■■■.

That’s the one mate. Cheers for the reply :sunglasses:

Nighthawk.:

eagerbeaver:

You are welcome pal. Don’t forget to wear your hi viz whilst driving it. You are only allowed to drive class 1 without wearing one.

eagerbeaver:

Nighthawk.:

eagerbeaver:

You are welcome pal. Don’t forget to wear your hi viz whilst driving it. You are only allowed to drive class 1 without wearing one.

I love to break rules then as I don’t wear mine in my van :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

Nighthawk.:

eagerbeaver:

We had a few at P&H. 6 speed straight manual box no splitter. AKA A piece of ■■■■■

Think I get a stylish hi viz polo shirt with a trainee badge to wear :open_mouth: :laughing:

Well done on getting the job. just take your time with everything. don’t be afraid to ask questions. I worked for a builders merchants for a year and really enjoyed it. I only left because the money wasn’t great at the time but it appears to be better now. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Nighthawk.:
Think I get a stylish hi viz polo shirt with a trainee badge to wear :open_mouth: :laughing:

Well show the trainee badge proudly when the local rag is taking your pic wedged under a bridge! :grimacing: