New digs card 1st shift

Hi

Going back on road after a couple of years, its a new digi card so do i need to do manual entry? I have not worked for a week, just sitting on backside panicking about starting :smiley:

Many Thanks for help

Mac

You only need to do a manual entry if you are not able to put your card in right at the start of your shift to record your activities, which will/should be ā€œother workā€ while you do your vehicle checks and work briefing. Sometime this isnā€™t possible, especially with your first day on a job, as you may not even know which is your unit. So you may have been at work for some time before you get to the unit, at this point yes you should do a manual entry to account for this time, especially if you are paid based on what your tacho records say!!!

As for how to do one, Iā€™d recommend you ask someone where as there are a couple of different tachoā€™sā€¦
But if youā€™re curious, there are videoā€™s on Youtube, and Radar19 did one on here a few months back!

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

Thanks Evil8Beezie,

Very helpful

Cheers

If I remember rightly
Card in ,
Manual entry will only be allowed from the date on the card so just do from the start of your shift , 15 min or so .

You may get an infringement because the system NOT THE TACHO HEAD but the download software wonā€™t always recognise itā€™s a new card