New digital tachograph card

Hi, does anyone know if it actually takes 3 weeks for your tachograph card to arrive from dvla, or does it normally come quicker??

cheers

All the luck of the draw mate, renewed mine last year came back in 3days !
Also heard of them taking a month or more . I assume you are talking about your first one maybe takes longer than a renewal.
How long since you applied ?
Jim

yes mate its my first one, just hope it comes soon, so I can start driving for the company that has took me on

Just got mine through yesterday I sent the cheque off last Monday so about a week and a half

Mine took two weeks but it was over the xmas period.

You can drive without it you just need to do manual entries/take printouts for each day driven.

TheMissus:
You can drive without it you just need to do manual entries/take printouts for each day driven.

Pretty sure that only applies to lost/ damaged cards whilst awaiting a replacement up to 15 days. It does not apply to the first issue.

Héraultais:

TheMissus:

Pretty sure that only applies to lost/ damaged cards whilst awaiting a replacement up to 15 days. It does not apply to the first issue.

You might be right at that - OP ring them and check 0300 790 6801 if you’re anxious to start driving.

TheMissus:

Héraultais:

TheMissus:

You might be right at that - OP ring them and check 0300 790 6801 if you’re anxious to start driving.

Héraultais is correct, you cannot legally drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph until you have a driver card.

Doing vehicle printouts at the start and end of the shift is only for when the driver card is lost/stolen or faulty.