New digi tacho

Anyone had any recent prices on the new style digibtacho such as the Stoneridge SE5000 Exact? Only been back on digi 4 days and remembered how much time you lose when shunting/stuck in traffic etc.

Thanks
Matt

I wouldn’t bother if I was you, if you are a green light operator then DVSA leave you alone, and even if you did get stopped then they wouldn’t get remotely bent out of shape if you had gone a few minutes over here and there, they are fully aware of the problems of digital tachographs.

If you do want to buy a new one, they are around the £700-£800 mark.

unless the truck you have bought has a bit of warranty, then if the current tacho where to (cough) “stop working” you could offer to pay the difference to upgrade to a newer style, more exact timekeeper

just had a quote but i cant find my paper with it on £545/£595 + £59 fit and cal @ paul barton nottingham

Defo go for the stoneridge se 5000 exakt not as driver freindly as the kenzeile but just done 8 of my volvos and on average saving 45 to 50 minutes a day

germangeezer:
Defo go for the stoneridge se 5000 exakt not as driver freindly as the kenzeile but just done 8 of my volvos and on average saving 45 to 50 minutes a day

How much did they set you back mate? Ive been quoted £475 fitted by daf as they have free fit at the moment although they said it may need a new sender■■? £450 at renault plus £58 calibration.

Matt

germangeezer:

I’ve said this before but those post might be archived, my first digi on my 60 plate (Siemens) would register just shy of a 10 hour day if I did 4 drops in London. The 2nd generation of Siemens on a similar run would come in between 8.15-8.45 on a similar run.

Stoneridge, under 8 hours nearly every time. Don’t ask me why, as they work on the same principles, just saying as I see it, and the motor was a little bit quicker, but only just.

The display is so much easier to read. Always on so you don’t have to wait until the next minute clicks over to see if you’ve deffo had all of your break, and you don’t need to start doing sums to work out your remaining driving time. It even tells you your minimum rest period for when you park up.

Not as easy to change a roll, but you’ll pick that up in under 30 seconds.

Only really worth changing if you’re maxing a lot. If not there’s not much point.

Do the new ones have gps on them yet?

Silver_Surfer:
Only really worth changing if you’re maxing a lot. If not there’s not much point.

Do the new ones have gps on them yet?

Im definitely changing this one. Ive done 28 miles today so far and used 1hr12mins driving. Not good.

Matt