New digi card inop?

Right guys & girls,can anyone shed any light on the problem with me new digi card?Got the card on thursday 11th sept,didnt get to use it till yesterday when i started me new job,so just stuck it next too me photocard licence in me wallet then went on me hols.Got back off me hols sunday night & stopped to get petrol,tried paying with me debit card but it would not let me enter chip & pin stylee so i had to swipe & sign which was strange cos i used it in tenerife no probs.when i entered my digi card in the 2nd driver slot it kept saying error non valid card etc so followed the prompts,as per the DVLA hints & tips paperwork but still no luck.Has anyone seen this before■■? Any help woulb be much appreciated - ta muchly!!!

Did it go through the X-ray machine at the airport?

Digitacho cards are pretty sensitive (you aren’t supposed to keep them next to a credit card for the same reason) so it could be that the X-ray machine messed it up.

Were you able to try it in another vehicle machine? or perhaps in the main downloading machine in the office?

Alex

we tried downloading it in the office but nothing, but i was hoping that it wouldnt mean another long wait for a replacement card

Scarab:

Digitacho cards are pretty sensitive (you aren’t supposed to keep them next to a credit card for the same reason) so it could be that the X-ray machine messed it up.

Were you able to try it in another vehicle machine? or perhaps in the main downloading machine in the office?

Alex

Hi Scarab.Where does it say that keeping the digi card next to or with credit cards can cause problems? Is there an official statement on this problem?

chippy:

Scarab:

Alex

Hi Scarab.Where does it say that keeping the digi card next to or with credit cards can cause problems? Is there an official statement on this problem?

I don’t think there is but it did happen to my brother in law recently and he contacted the manufacturers was told this CAN be a problem :exclamation: :exclamation:

Then the problem should be made official and included in the instructions on handling the card.

So it looks like i gotta get me a replacement card then? Arse!!! waited long enuf for the 1st one!!!

chippy:
Then the problem should be made official and included in the instructions on handling the card.

I’m pretty sure its in the booklet you get when they send you your card, otherwise I can’t think where else I heard it from, let me have a look.

im pretty sure it was in there as well scarab!

Nope, its not in the booklet!

I really can’t think where I got that bit of useless information from but I could have sworn I was told to keep it away from credit/debit cards.

Must have been in a dream, sorry about that.

Unless they have changed the cards recently to rectify the supposed problem?

Alex

Scarab:
Nope, its not in the booklet!

I really can’t think where I got that bit of useless information from but I could have sworn I was told to keep it away from credit/debit cards.

Must have been in a dream, sorry about that.

Unless they have changed the cards recently to rectify the supposed problem?

Alex

In that case and in the first instance why is there nothing about the serious problem. You pay for the card then you can’t use it because you are unaware that a problem exists. The DVLA must be to blame for not informing drivers of the problem. Compensation may be the order of the day.

from the book

“you can continue to drive for up to 15 calendar days without a digi card as long as you can prove that you could not use the card during this period”

good luck mine only took 2 weeks.

Thanx 4 the help guys,sent off for a replacement today!!!