New DAF XF night heater

One of my mates is driving the latest incarnation of the XF and is having an issue getting the night heater to work. My understanding is the system uses residual heat from the engine to provide heating for the cab, but what happens when that heat dissipates?

How do you get the night heater to work after that has happened?

Any help gratefully received.

There is a batch of the new 67 plates that have been sent out without a night heater. Tell your mate to check that it actually has one.

slowlane:
There is a batch of the new 67 plates that have been sent out without a night heater. Tell your mate to check that it actually has one.

:open_mouth:

Friday afternoon builds then?

what you are talking about is the PARK HEAT function where the heat of the coolant will keep the cab warm for about an hour ,He can programme the night heater as normal if he wants

norb:
what you are talking about is the PARK HEAT function where the heat of the coolant will keep the cab warm for about an hour ,He can programme the night heater as normal if he wants

I’ve been using a 67 plate XF last week and couldn’t see the night heater button, does this mean it’s not got one?

Or am I just a bit blind?

Night heater switch is just above the right hand cup holder on my 66 plate, the heat setting dial is on the back wall of the bed on the drivers side.

eagerbeaver:

norb:

I’ve been using a 67 plate XF last week and couldn’t see the night heater button, does this mean it’s not got one?

Unless you work for a really tight company you will have one …For the MY2017 Models you really need to read the hand book,You wont get the best out of it or understand how it drives without reading the handbook …They are a totally different beat to the previous Euro6 …the nightheater alone is totally different .Even look at how small the exhaust is compared to the previous model

norb:

eagerbeaver:

norb:

Unless you work for a really tight company you will have one …For the MY2017 Models you really need to read the hand book,You wont get the best out of it or understand how it drives without reading the handbook …They are a totally different beat to the previous Euro6 …the nightheater alone is totally different .Even look at how small the exhaust is compared to the previous model

It’s a hire vehicle Norb. You say the night heater is totally different, how so?

It also uses the residual heat from the cooling system ,hence the park heat function,as well as the normal night heater function …You should get your boss to get a handbook …Will be hard to describe but if I remember correctly for park heat ,the control is the rectangular switch panel in centre of the dash ,you press the bottom left button ,think it has a P and heat symbol on it and the centre button,Sadly all my notes are at work …You can see the night heater down beside the steering box if you pop the grill

Thanks for the info Norb, would appreciate it if once you get your notes if you can let me know how to program the night heater and I’ll pass it on.

Thanks again

Link for the Euro 6 handbook

Thanks for the info folks.

The rubbing the hands together for 5 minutes method could now be banished :grimacing: