New DAF common issues?

Not aware of any of the guys in the same game and area that i’m friendly with running modern DAFs so unsure on the reliability of them. Last Daf we ran was a 08 plate

Looking at putting in an order: over 20k cheaper than a Volvo specced up and with the uncertainty of brexit and the associated import taxes with volvo and scania’s (up to 22% some people say!) the large amount of components manufactured in the UK with DAF are making it seem more and more attractive

Anyone have much to say if anything?

The 3/2 valve for the night heater fails ,hopefully if you do order it will be a thing of the past …Heater controls are electric and loose their calibration ,remove /refit fuse solves that …Depending on where you lives the next issue which all manufacturers are suffering is fuel …Due to the tolerances of the components in the fuel system ,dirt in the fuel causes chaos ,South East England is the hot spot ,fuel coming in there is causing the issue…where as futher north is ok …Daf along with other have been analysing where the failures are more common …Though the manufacturer of the components rejects them as they are contaminated ,DAF have generally been taking the hit and giving warranty…The crankcase ventilation module can be troublesome ,but that has been modified and is now prt of a service …There was a compressor head issue ,but that is done and dusted WABCO have sorted the issue…99% of the issues that the MY2017 models had have been rectified a lot was software updates …The main thing from my view …is there a no more 5 minute fixes ,everything takes hours

Re the fuel issues, I run four XFs that are less than 12 months old, not had many fuel issues but the dealer is retro fitting an extra fuel filter. I got another new XF last week and noticed that the extra fuel filter was already fitted. Can’t miss it really, a massive thing at the rear of the engine. No complaints with them, one of them occasionally shows an amber engine warning fault, which the dealer calls a “phantom” fault, in other words they don’t know what’s causing it, but it doesn’t affect the truck’s performance. They’re excellent on fuel and the drivers like them.