New DAF - anyone seen them?

sinclair89:
Abbey Logistics have one, seen it knocking around Liverpool.

I’m always driving when I see it , so can’t nab a photo. Looks smart

Abbey have several, seen at least 3 of theirs today - NOT the same 1 3 times :grimacing:

waynedl:

sinclair89:
Abbey Logistics have one, seen it knocking around Liverpool.

I’m always driving when I see it , so can’t nab a photo. Looks smart

Abbey have several, seen at least 3 of theirs today - NOT the same 1 3 times :grimacing:

oh nice!! I must have seen 2 different ones then.

The plain design suites the cab a lot.

Abbey have an ongoing Euro 6 trial at the moment daf going against volvo and merc and man

is that the ones that get wee cars stuck to the front of them ?

ringfur:

Nah not these ones. The traffic sensor would be going ballistic

ringfur:

Are you talking about that Arclid video?

cant remember exactly. it was well talked about at the time and remember the driver being admonished as the cab was proven to be a pillar.
iv driven one and really liked it but was very aware of my isolation up there from anything nearby

The MJ one looks mint.

kindle530:
My 63 plate FH XL (not the new shape one) was registered at the end of 2013, on the plating certificate it says it was made in 2011, DHL have a LOT of 63 reg’s and im sure they are all 2011’s.

we have 63 reg CFs. No idea when they were built but we got them in September. We reckon the engines are reconditioned and the wiring in them is poor. Lets see if the new one is any better

SDM in bicester have one & it looks mint :slight_smile:

Young_AL:
Seen a bulk haul company (no names) with a 4x2■■ Now I’m no genius but if that truck did 2 loads a day x 5 days that’s 40 tonne less a week right?

Wonder what office bod ordered that truck…?

We had one running abroad for a short while on evaluation. That was a 4x2 and that was orange. We only pull 40 tonne abroad and was bringing black sunflower seeds back which bulk before they gross out. So why did we need anything bigger?

scanny77:

kindle530:
My 63 plate FH XL (not the new shape one) was registered at the end of 2013, on the plating certificate it says it was made in 2011, DHL have a LOT of 63 reg’s and im sure they are all 2011’s.

we have 63 reg CFs. No idea when they were built but we got them in September. We reckon the engines are reconditioned and the wiring in them is poor. Lets see if the new one is any better

We’ve just got another few of our ‘new’ 63reg CFs delivered on Saturday. They are pants. I reckon they have been sitting somewhere for at least 2yrs waiting for some unsuspecting fools to buy them. Im sure vehicles built after 2011 had to have daytime running lights, and ours don’t, which kind of backs up my thoughts on their real age. And I think I’ve seen the DAFaid guy in our place more times this past couple of weeks than I seen the Renault mechanics in 4 yrs.

Edit to add the DRL info: theaa.com/motoring_advice/sa … ights.html

Hannon transport

irish lorries:
Hannon transport

Very smart looking indeed. Stick a set of English plates on it and it would never see the inside of a checkpoint! :grimacing:

the maoster:

irish lorries:
Hannon transport

Very smart looking indeed. Stick a set of English plates on it and it would never see the inside of a checkpoint! :grimacing:

It’s a irish lorry so it would have irish plates but your right she would never see a checkpoint

Just spent a week on a Euro 6 440 cf, and to be honest I absolutely hated it, no change from an 03 plate apart from the buttons and switches.

Has anyone seen a normal new XF? All I’ve seen are ssc…

Thamesdown Recycling Swindon new style CF delivered today !

Saw a lovely plain black one at Felixstowe today :sunglasses:

Pimpdaddy:
Has anyone seen a normal new XF? All I’ve seen are ssc…

Actually, I havent either :open_mouth: