New Daf 95 1987

Video ive found on youtube enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KgY-kvi7xDI

Im still driving a Daf 95 360 ati Pod sleeper in Tenerife 16 years old

No replies :open_mouth: from the best cab maybe that came out in the 80s and still going strong :open_mouth: good promo film too.

That takes me back. I had an early ( F reg ) 350ati spacecab, after a Roadtrain it was heaven . :smiley: :smiley:

Jerry

I had an E reg 95-310, we had some E reg 2800s too so that was one of the first ones, it was a pain in the arse at first, everytime I stopped there was a driver wanting to know what it was like and have a look around inside :sunglasses:

In November 1987 I left Swifts to work for Transfleet doing night trunk fro MK to Bridgwater and the day I started with a friend hwo live over the road we were given brand new 2800 DAF’s which we were impressed with. After just two weeks we arrived at work to find two brand new DAF 95’s just for us, they were prototypes and nobody had seen them except in books, we were told if anything went wrong we had to wait for DAF to come out from a special location and when things did happen we waited hours for these guys to arrive, the only thing that happened about every two weeks was the air pipe from the compressor would blow out because there were not enough threads on the fittings, they would blow and we would wait for a lifetime for some geezer to arrive with new pipes. One night as we got about 2 miles from our MK base my pipe blew and as it was almost the end of my shift me and my mate wedged a woden block between the chassis and the pipe to keep it in the fitting and then built up the air to get me back to base, we then removed the block and went home. Next day at work the day driver asked if I new the pipe had blown ? I said no and it must have just blown as I got there :laughing: :laughing: Damm sure I wasn’t gonna sit there for hours on end when I was about 5 minutes from going home :laughing:
I did love these trucks and the attention we got when we stopped from other drivers who had never seen them before was good.

we had four e reg 310s daycabs E881 to 884EAL 884 was the 1000th one built so daf fitted alloy wheels to it free of charge,the only real probs we had with them was front cab mounts.

my dad used to hire every now and then and the hire firm, Hill Hire I think used to have a fleet of 95’s. but we need pictures. without pictures it didn’t happen. :smiley:

heres some to get us going…

A couple of our 1988 DAF not quite 1987 but very close.

amazing how old the 95 is ,but it still looks good.i was a big fan of t45 shame they didnt carry that on for a bit longer !! :slight_smile:

Hi Folks,
Near enough operated by S.J.BEST Ingleton,

Cheers Folks.

Couple of ones I have driven

Like the 95 thread , It was my first big wagon after my test in late 80’s , it was a flat cab 4x2 fantastic ! have been looking for one for years to restore they all seem to have left our shores then last week I was phoned out of the blue and offered a 430 flat cab long wheel base 4x2 on air . So it had to be purchased . It rough but local and one owner , so looking for cab parts if anyone has any stashed. Will be restoring it in original owners colours . The Daf is ‘L’ reg like my F10 ( take a look at the fj ricket F10 thread) . Will up load you some photos soon. Cheers.