New Daf 1st service

So my new XF went in for it’s 1st service. The Bluetooth for the phone has been playing up since new. After several phone calls to Daf & a fairly heated discussion with the ‘service manager’ the fix for the problem is?
You’ll have to keep pulling the phone fuse as Daf have no idea what is causing the issue. FFS
Here’s a thought Daf. Before you install Mickey Mouse lane departure & AEBS that have a mind of there own how about making sure a simple Bluetooth phone connection works correctly. Other than that you’ve a half decent truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure all the manufacturers have faults reported and don’t initially have the foggiest idea what is causing them. That is why they have field service engineers to try to get to the bottom of the problem.

I recently had to call in Haldex about a problem which seemed to be a laughably trivial issue. I cannot praise their response highly enough, we were taken seriously from the outset with an absolute determination from them to resolve the fault. The investigation which extended across Europe, was logical, methodical and extremely thorough, with everything being organised to suit the operator.

And that is all I want. It really took several calls to be taken seriously. You’re experience should be how all issues are dealt with. The new Dafs are a fairly decent truck but so far are being let down once again by the back up

We had a 4 wheeler (510XF SSC )that would/ could not pull a double deck trailer down the road in a straight line , bends and corners (A77 & A75) had the front corner of the trailer scraping the ground . DAF made all sorts of excuses as to what it was and after 6 months of “investigating” we sold it back to them and bought a six wheeler instead . Apparently theres a batch of them out there with dodgy air suspension modules that can’t control the airpressures quickly enough when pulling double deck trailers -if you pull standard height trailers you’ll never know you have a problem until your first trunk with a decker on .

The reason I was given for your issue from technical is that (if you are using it on Bluetooth )the system is not seeing the hang up signal from the phone ,so it leaves you it on phone …that is it condensed it was a bit longer than that …They reckon if you put the sim card in the phone ECU it will then use the GSM or whatever it is called and you then won’t have any issues…Don’t shoot the messenger lol

I put a brand new sim in the truck phone. The holder is under the dash next to the fuses. Still buggers about. So far the only thing that fixes it is pulling the fuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk