New cycle lane on the M1

Was anyone else travelling up the M1 between J15a and J16 last night around 11:45■■ I saw a lone cyclist on the new cycle lane, I think it used to be known as the hard shoulder!! Been seeing a lot of odd things at night and hoped someone else saw him!
Now surely he might have guessed that he shouldn’t be there? Or will it catch on do you think? I’m thinking that the tour de M1 could be good t.v. :unamused:
He didn’t even have lights on FFS!! :open_mouth:

I saw an old man cycling up the M1 about 5am on a Sunday once, he seemed pretty happy and there wasn’t a lot of traffic about. He was probably just taking a shortcut to the shops :slight_smile:

Maybe the cyclist need a CPC :laughing: :laughing:

I saw a disabled gent on one of those disabled cars once, In lane 1

not sure if he is still living :blush:

I live in Carnforth, Lancs and quite often see cyclists cycling on the A601(M) hard shoulder to avoid cycling through carnforth town centre, think it will be even more common now as they’ve riped out the motorway regulations sign and stuck in a 50mph speed limit on the 2 laned section

I saw it twice in one week a few years back. Some old coffin dodger wobbling all over the place on the M25 and then a young lad trying to cross the M6/M42 interchange.

The old man may have been senile. What was the younger man’s excuse :unamused: