New CPC- no need for transport manager then?

Hi there.

Bit green on this one, but with the new CPC rules coming in sept09 does this mean once passed you can do the same job as a transport manager?

Reason i ask ,thinking about putting one of our employees through his HGV test now but if i wait untill september09 when he has to do a CPC as well ,could he then be our transport manager? or is that another thing altogether?

Sorry if im being thick!

tricky dicky

drivercpc-periodictraining.org/

the drivers CPC is really teaching a granny to ■■■■ eggs (for older drivers)
the managment CPC shows that you know that certain laws have to be obeyed
now doubt there will be some overlap but they are not interchangeable

the dCPC is just formalising what we learn over the years
dont trash truck
driver carefully
be nice to customers
be nice to the enviroment
secure your load
etc etc

All is explained HERE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tricky Dicky:
Hi there.

Bit green on this one, but with the new CPC rules coming in sept09 does this mean once passed you can do the same job as a transport manager?

Reason i ask ,thinking about putting one of our employees through his HGV test now but if i wait untill september09 when he has to do a CPC as well ,could he then be our transport manager? or is that another thing altogether?

Sorry if im being thick!

tricky dicky

your not the owner or current transport manager for the firm are you?

I’m betting there are many more out there that are confused by this as they called it a CPC when there was one already.

So now we have an OPERATER CPC and a DRIVER CPC :exclamation: :exclamation:

I have an alternative name that I would like to put forward for the DRIVER CPC - the DRIVER [ZB] :laughing:

I have an alternative name that I would like to put forward for the DRIVER CPC - the DRIVER [ZB] :laughing:

I think it stands for DRIVER Cash Pay Con

ROG:
I’m betting there are many more out there that are confused by this as they called it a CPC when there was one already.

So now we have an OPERATER CPC and a DRIVER CPC

The DfT have - in a roundabout way - confirmed that drivers who also hold the Operators CPC are not exempt from requirements of the Driver CPC (periodic training).

Dazza:
The DfT have - in a roundabout way - confirmed that drivers who also hold the Operators CPC are not exempt from requirements of the Driver CPC (periodic training).

Correct as they are totally different - there is no cross accreditation from one to the other.

And whereas a drivers CPC will need to be renewed and trained for every five years, there is no such requirement for a existing CPC (O licence) holder to upgrade,renew, refresh or do anything at all. So there are actually guys/gals out there running fleets of trucks with an O licence who have had no formal training or re education and probably got their CPC in the 1960’s /70’s.
Strange but true :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike-C:
And whereas a drivers CPC will need to be renewed and trained for every five years, there is no such requirement for a existing CPC (O licence) holder to upgrade,renew, refresh or do anything at all. So there are actually guys/gals out there running fleets of trucks with an O licence who have had no formal training or re education and probably got their CPC in the 1960’s /70’s.
Strange but true :stuck_out_tongue:

Watch what you say Mike, you’ll give them ideas :exclamation: