New commercial motor mag

Ive just called and got the new issue ,its got all the old long distance cab interiors from the 70s,its a trip down memory lane for all you old long haul guys ,did any of you fellas have any of these trucks and what was your thoughts on the interiors, did they hold together well with rough road surfaces and the heat :question: :question:

First trip abroad on my own aged 19. 10 days around Germany. :sunglasses: :laughing:

The rear parcel shelf of a 1970 TK Bedford was a bit cramped when you are 6ft 3in! But after the first 5 days or so, you got used to it!! :unamused: :laughing:

seth 70:
Ive just called and got the new issue ,its got all the old long distance cab interiors from the 70s,its a trip down memory lane for all you old long haul guys ,did any of you fellas have any of these trucks and what was your thoughts on the interiors, did they hold together well with rough road surfaces and the heat :question: :question:

Did any body get a copy :question: :question:

seth 70:

seth 70:

Did any body get a copy :question: :question:

Yes Ive got mine, But the motors I drove in the 70s were Fodens S20, S21, S36 S80 Models all day cabs, With fold down bunks of course, Happy days Eh , Regards Larry.

I got a copy and I drove an ex-BRS Overland Marathon for a while, it had the full kitchen pack with water storage under the passenger seat and a wider bunk than the standard UK sleeper cab, I only drove it for a short while and while it pulled well for a truck of the time, (I’m talking about late 1980- early 81) the gear lever rattle could drive you to distraction.

I’ve also driven F88/89 & DAF 2800+3300 with normal sleeper cabs rather than special editions and all had their good points.

This ‘old girl’ was one of the first sleeper cabs I drove regularly, it’s the predecessor to the 2800 DAF, the 2600. The pic was taken about 1980.

Ross.

I bet them old dafs were boiling in summer and freezing in winter with all that glass, :unamused: :unamused:

The 2600 was a fine motor - the first glimpse of a proper cab that a man could live in. That gearbox caused a few grey hairs though.

David