New Class1 driver

Hi All,

I have been reading posts on this site ever since i decided to go for my HGV back in October 11 but never posted, wish i had now lol.

Passed my Class 2 in Oct 11 first time and managed to get work with agencies on 7.5t and class 2. I decided to go for class 1 in November and also passed first time with 3 minors. Had a 3 day course and test on the 4th day. at this point i had been working with a company for a few weeks who had class 1 trucks so was lucky to get 2 sunday shifts. after xmas everything went dead, no work at all with about 4 different agencies and had no chance of getting class one anyware else as have no experiance.

on the 3rd of Jan I sent out about 20 or 30 cv’s to different companies and managed to get an interview with one, fairly large company in south wales, interview went well but they asked if i would spend 2 days (unpaid) with one of thier experianced drivers and see how i get on, so for two days was doing local work shunting around, only driving about 2 mile up the road and back. on the 3rd day they offered me a job!!! (with Pay) :smiley:

My Goal is to drive around europe and do long distance, which this company does however will start on local runs then if all goes well do a few scotland runs and then cross the water.

After Xmas i was starting to get down about finding work on the class one but as i have seen so many other posts about keeping possitive and keep contacting companies it does pay off!!. I hope my story will encourage others and not to give up, there are people out there who are willing to give the right person a chance to prove themselves

Sounds like S and K to me.

Best of luck and well done on getting the job.

thank you,

Do you know them well?

I have heard various stories but as I have no personal basis to them all I can do is wish you luck.

Ps do a search of the topics on here about S and K :wink: