New class one driver

Hi all, I’ve just past my class one this week and are new to trucknet. I have started a bit late at the ripe old age of 46 years I was wondering which is the best employment agency or employer to go with? I live in Leicestershire. Thanks all

Try going around the big industrial estates such as bardon 22 etc with CVs and your kit in the boot especially early monday mornings

Speak and hand CV only to the TM

Welcome and congratulations, agency are ok if you can afford not to work 5 days a week and like the flexibility of coming and going when you like but I’d say being employed would be better but it’s down to your personal preferences.

Remember agency work in the new year will go quiet .

Leicestershire is a big County, but if you live South of Leicester, you should try Magna Park. Lot’s of haulage there and many pay better than average wages because there is no local supply of drivers.

the dug:
Hi all, I’ve just past my class one this week and are new to trucknet. I have started a bit late at the ripe old age of 46 years I was wondering which is the best employment agency or employer to go with? I live in Leicestershire. Thanks all

Samworth brothers are taking on newly passed drivers. They have their own training academy.

samworthbrothers.co.uk/Work- … ESTER-AREA

30k+ a year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Google local transport firms around your area give them a call one by one and put yourself across well you will be surprised what’s available don’t just rely on the jobs advertised…

Oh and we’ll done and welcome to the family

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

the dug:

Samworth brothers are taking on newly passed drivers. They have their own training academy.

30k+ a year.

I got there application ,i wonder what the training rate will be ,before i fill it in …

Albert1:

JaxDemon:

the dug:

30k+ a year.

I got there application ,i wonder what the training rate will be ,before i fill it in …

I know someone who’s just started. He’s started on same rate as other drivers. He’s been told he’ll be earning 35k a year .

Also…

careers.dpd.co.uk/vacancies/649 … ckley.html

Just been offered top money at bidvest
Ive also got an offer in Liecester ,I will take my samworth application in by hand .
Thank you pal

Bidvest where are they based?

All over the uk mate ,same as brakes iirc

Albert1:
Just been offered top money at bidvest

And I’ve yet to see a fat one! :wink:

Well i will see how fit i can get ,I don’t mind graft ,besides i need a mortgage Soitll do if samworhs dont get back to me .

Albert1:
Well i will see how fit i can get ,I don’t mind graft ,besides i need a mortgage Soitll do if samworhs dont get back to me .

Spoke to Samworths earlier you’ll be looking at interview in January earliest now.

Cheers pal,Not had a reply from the other place yet
Robbinsons ,Huge pink lorries though :laughing: :unamused:

Try my place bud

Wrights of twycross

Dont mention internet forum though lol

Whats the rate there bud?

I’m on a tenner an hour doing class one tipping don’t know what the bendys get but I know it’s a nice easy going job give em all bell and ask the question…

Cheers might do that