New class 2 pass, nervous about jobs!

So I passed my Class 2 in June and since then I’ve done zero class 2 work. I currently work part time in a shop which I hate but for some reason I won’t hand my notice so I can get a driving job. I’ve had opportunities and I’ve turned them down and used the part time job as an excuse. How did you get rid of the first job nerves? My main worry is just being handed the keys to a wagon and told I’m on my own. Is this the case for agency work?

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

lilam691:
So I passed my Class 2 in June and since then I’ve done zero class 2 work. I currently work part time in a shop which I hate but for some reason I won’t hand my notice so I can get a driving job. I’ve had opportunities and I’ve turned them down and used the part time job as an excuse. How did you get rid of the first job nerves? My main worry is just being handed the keys to a wagon and told I’m on my own. Is this the case for agency work?

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

By growing a set of balls. If you have passed class 2 you obviously can drive one so you are worrying for no reason.

Do 1 day for an agency and see how you get on :bulb: :question:

Your nerves are a downside to the positive trait of your personality that you are careful and have care for what you are doing.
Suggest finding an employer who will let you gain confidence.
Maybe start with van work and build up to larger vehicles or go for an employer who will train you more so you are confident before going on your own.
Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

ROG:
Do 1 day for an agency and see how you get on :bulb: :question:

Yep.
Do one day every other week-end, or so. Get a bit of experience, and a feel for what work is in your area.

I signed up with an agency and my first job was driving a 7.5t for a week, after that i went straight into class 2 job with a drivers mate for the day, now i’m driving on my own and loving it. it’s totally normal to be nervous on your first day, i was super nervous about having to do tricky reversing manoeuvres, don’t know why tbh as it was not difficult at all.

It can be a bit daunting on the first day for sure. It’s not always as simple as “growing a set of balls” either.

Join a few agencies. Remember you don’t have to accept shifts. You can even take shifts which are a bit out of your area, so if you really mess up and can’t bear to go back you can just walk away.

You can also tell the agency that you haven’t driven a lorry since your test and they may well be able to get you somewhere that will give you a bit of help or stick you in a 7.5T for a bit.