New class 2 driver!

Andy_GTI:
I live in Teesside too and I went to Paynes dairies in boroughbridge when I first passed my test. About 35 minutes away. They’ll take new starters on and the pay isn’t the worst for the area niether. But you can’t be frightened of work! They’ve c+e work too so get your class 1 ASAP and get your experience there.

Thanks mate, ill go down tomorrrow and have a talk with them. Really appreciate it. :smiley:

Try Preston’s of potto? Dunno if they run class 2 but if ya get your class 1 they’ll give you a go, not the best job money wise but it’s a foot in the door and miles on the clock, plus with the work they do you’ll learn a great deal too!!

Young_AL:
Try Preston’s of potto? Dunno if they run class 2 but if ya get your class 1 they’ll give you a go, not the best job money wise but it’s a foot in the door and miles on the clock, plus with the work they do you’ll learn a great deal too!!

Thanks mate, ill give them a try too.

truckerchrisbrown:

Andy_GTI:
I live in Teesside too and I went to Paynes dairies in boroughbridge when I first passed my test. About 35 minutes away. They’ll take new starters on and the pay isn’t the worst for the area niether. But you can’t be frightened of work! They’ve c+e work too so get your class 1 ASAP and get your experience there.

Thanks mate, ill go down tomorrrow and have a talk with them. Really appreciate it. :smiley:

Ask to speak to Duncan, and good luck!

[quote="waynedl

Why??

I’ve had my C+E a bit longer than you have, and I’ll drive whatever they ask me to as long as I’m paid the right rate (usually C+E rate), be it a 32t, 26t, 18t, 12t, 7.5t, sprinter or car - and anything in between.

I always wonder what they mean when they say “we’ve only got a 17t job tomorrow, is that ok?” me:“what rate you paying”, “you’ll still get your normal class 1 rate”, me:“Of bloody course I’ll drive it then” :unamused:

They must be used to dealing with flashy, alloy wheel, shiney tank loving prima donna’s like yourself[/quote]
OOP’S My bad. I totally forgot I drove a rigid on a few occasions on livestock who would eventually move me up to artic’s but as much as I enjoyed it I turned it down due to the fact it was even less money than my current job then.

But after that I wanted to actually use my c+e licence which I just forked out for myself and gain my two years c+e experience as some company’s/agency’s do not take class 2 into consideration when applying for c+e jobs so that’s why I wanted to only drive c+e. Hope that answers your question.

Best advice i could give is get a job at a factory if needs be even if it’s just doing labouring as long as it has got its own lorries,eventually sooner or later they will be stuck and you having that piece of paper will be a godsend if they know you’ve got it.

big boots:
Best advice i could give is get a job at a factory if needs be even if it’s just doing labouring as long as it has got its own lorries,eventually sooner or later they will be stuck and you having that piece of paper will be a godsend if they know you’ve got it.

Thanks for the advice matey realy appreciate it

Hi just passed my class 2 yesterday and still in meed of my cpc if i contact hargreaves for tipper work would they be willing to put me through my cpc? Ta.

I’m 23 and have class 1 but only for a month or so. I started work the start of this week and I’ve also been offered 2 jobs today alone! The one of them suits me better so I start there on Monday morning. I also pretty much secured a job but the gaffer didn’t realise my age and couldn’t insure me till I was 25. That was nights on motorways with a volumetric mixer though and apparently insurance is already steep on those.

By the way I didn’t get any of these job offers through applying online. I either phoned or went to them dressed smart with a firm handshake and a cv. There’s plenty work out there it just takes some finding.

wheelspin:
Hello, id only do hiab if you actually want to do that sort of work or could defonately secure a job to walk into. From my experience i would do your class one, only because i went straight into driving class one with no experience what so ever. I refused to drive class two so i have never driven rigid apart from training. It was hard but with determination you will get there in the end.

You don’t know what your missing with class 2 :smiley: