New Class 2 driver

Good evening everyone,

I’m a new driver on class 2 license although I have been driving Buses and coaches the last 4 years. Now that I am a class 2 qualified driver, I would love some advice on how to move away from Buses and coaches to start driving trucks.

How hard is it to find jobs as a new driver and if anyone knows of any good driver agencies or operators around dartford Kent area advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also look forward to meeting you all on here!

StefanTrujillo:
Good evening everyone,

How hard is it to find jobs as a new driver and if anyone knows of any good driver agencies or operators around dartford Kent area advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Stefan. If you find one let me know :smiley: .I don’t know if they take new drivers,but If you don’t mind doing tippers or skips,Erith and ADM have ‘drivers wanted’ signs up.
I’m with two agencies. By far the best one is Ash Careers on the Medway City Estate. The lovely Sarah got me my first Cat C job that I’m in now :smiley: .

SMS in Aylesford will get you plenty of work if you don’t mind travelling a bit, most of it is with P&H but it’s good experience and pays ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dani1972:
SMS in Aylesford will get you plenty of work if you don’t mind travelling a bit, most of it is with P&H but it’s good experience and pays ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot S&S (palletline) in Tonbridge. They take new drivers but if I remember rightly,there’s no o/t. It’s a set salary for job-and-finish,wether you get finished early or late. But it’s Cat C experience

That’s great guys :slight_smile: I will be looking at the suggestions :slight_smile:)))

StefanTrujillo:
Good evening everyone,

I’m a new driver on class 2 license although I have been driving Buses and coaches the last 4 years. Now that I am a class 2 qualified driver, I would love some advice on how to move away from Buses and coaches to start driving trucks.

Hay, welcombe to the fourm, I got my first start working for a marquee company. The pay was min wage, the hours were crazy long so you can earn very good money if ytou can handle the hours. the lorrys were knackard and really old, it was heavy hard graft in putting on the marquee’s too. was mainly 7.5 ton driving, some 18 ton driving. working in all weather too. why do thay take on young new passed driver ? the exprinaced drivers dont need to take this kind of job because of the down sides that do come with it, but hay thats what makes it a opener for new drivers.

up sides are marquee companys are always desprate for drivers and will gladly take you on and don’t mind that you have zero expirace. great bunch of lads i worked with. lost loads of weight and have never been fitter or stronger. learn roping and racket straping and hand ball loads lots of complicated equipment. will drive all over the country mainly to show grounds, can drive 3 or 4 hours to a site an then put up a marquee for acouple hours then 3 or 4 hours back again. so its a good mix or driving to work. get a great sun tan too. just take atleast 2 ltr bottle of water with u every day !

it is a way into lorry driving wich i found gose largely unnoticed even on here i’v ever noticed it mentioned althow i’m sure it has been at some time. mainly its skips or tippers or wait for a agency to get desperate. I found none of these worked for me. it was the marquee companys that I found were the only welcombing companies. it is the wrong ti eof year for them now, but that still may need drivers. best of luck.

Thay rely on young lads off from uni for the summer of school leavers for labour during the busey times but because the youngester dont get 7.5 ton with a car licents any more finding driver is hard for these companys.

in many ways its a really hard crappy job, but its a great way for a newbie to get that expirance. it was the way i found my way in.