New Class 2 driver here :D

Hi all

First post!
So at the start of this year I had my medical completed all my theories by end of March… (such a long waiting list on the south (for the times I could do them)) then 3 weeks ago had my Mod2 and 4 passed both First time with 3 minors… with 2-start training… (apologies if I’m not allowed to mention company names)

So I’m Excited new career, skills etc, however here comes the next big step… getting a job…

Everywhere I look (even on agencies) they require some sort of experience, doesn’t mean I’m giving up I will still be applying for those aswell however I was wondering if there was anyone else in the south (Portsmouth Area) that knows of anywhere that is good to work for and that hires new drivers.
I’ve got about 20 CV’s and covering letters to be sent out next week… to start at the beginning of July.

Thanks all
Steve

Well done mate.

I’d give Brakes Brothers a Bell.

I think they have a depot in Eastleigh which isn’t too far away from you

Congrats,

Got my Mod 4 tomorrow, if I pass (fingers crossed) I’ll be able to start looking for work also for cat c!

It does look quite hard to get a break with cat c from looking at job boards and it appears easier to get a job with no experience for c+e. Which is something I’m considering doing.

I have also heard that brakes take on new drivers although I’m not sure where they are down south as I’m based in the north west.

Anyway good luck with the job hunt persistence is probably going to be the key initially!

Thanks everyone…

Good luck with your Mod 4 :slight_smile:

Added Brakes Bros to the list thanks… yeah Eastleigh is no problem for me to be honest the majority of places are in Eastleigh…

I would consider it but I was hoping to go down the route of gaining some class 2 experience then go for Class 1.
Each way has its pros and cons… Also money is a big factor for me it’s taken me a while to save for Class 2 (not that I paid over the odds, I don’t get paid much hourly lol)

Steve good luck with the search, if you have the time knock on doors with a cv in hand and talk face to face,even if there isn’t anything your getting your face known and ask if they know who is taking on,as like any industry firms talk to each other.
Take your work stuff in the boot in case you hit lucky and are invited for an interview or test drive it shows your organised and ready

Jeff.