New class 1 pass Newcastle

Hi all,

Yet another new pass here on class 1. Never turned a wheel of a class 2 since passing, but have 3 years in driving buses, I’m 21 now, 22 by the time my job finishes here.

I’ll be leaving the bus world in december when the schools break up. So long as I’m not working between 2-5am I don’t care and will literally work all/any hours given to me, I am unable to deal with those 3 hours at present.

I prefer distance and night-out money. I’m based near Newcastle, but what’s best? Trying to find and pander an agency who will give me experience on RDC work, are there people locally who don’t mind new passes, or am I better off driving to and from leeds/north midlands once a week for some tramping?

Been on 10£/hour my entire bus career so won’t take much convincing haha.

Cheers.

Jamie MP:
Yet another new pass here on class 1

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congrats. Do you mind if I ask who you used for your training? I’m also based in the north east and looking to do mine when the rule changes are sorted

Cheers

Take a look at “HGV Class 1” jobs near Newcastle
uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=hgv+class+ … &sort=date

The north east doesn’t pay as much as some of the better paying areas such as the south east, but that is to be expected especially when you take into account house prices, etc.

One of the jobs that stands out is a Monday to Friday tramping job driving a car transporter. Maybe something to consider when you have at least two years experience.

ST1980:
Congrats. Do you mind if I ask who you used for your training? I’m also based in the north east and looking to do mine when the rule changes are sorted

Cheers

Tyne & Wear LGV, Felling Bypass, Gateshead. Good system they have, but they do like standing around talking to each other, breaks and coffee. Can be a little frustrating, but if you work hard with the time you have behind the wheel, it’s a good week.

Try Ramage, they have a reputation for being open to new passes.

ramagetransport.co.uk/

carlston49:
Take a look at “HGV Class 1” jobs near Newcastle
uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=hgv+class+ … &sort=date

The north east doesn’t pay as much as some of the better paying areas such as the south east, but that is to be expected especially when you take into account house prices, etc.

One of the jobs that stands out is a Monday to Friday tramping job driving a car transporter. Maybe something to consider when you have at least two years experience.

Seems like a weekly return trip in car to yorks or lancs may be better for a week tramping than what’s available up here…

Jamie MP:

ST1980:

Cheers

Tyne & Wear LGV, Felling Bypass, Gateshead. Good system they have, but they do like standing around talking to each other, breaks and coffee. Can be a little frustrating, but if you work hard with the time you have behind the wheel, it’s a good week.

Thanks. I emailed two other local companies over a week ago with initial enquiries and they haven’t bothered responding. I guess they’re busy if people are trying to push through the system

ST1980:

Jamie MP:

ST1980:

Cheers

Thanks. I emailed two other local companies over a week ago with initial enquiries and they haven’t bothered responding. I guess they’re busy if people are trying to push through the system

Sunderland LGV is another reputable firm. Just ring them up mate, you always get a response in office hours.

Jamie MP:
Hi all,

Yet another new pass here on class 1. Never turned a wheel of a class 2 since passing, but have 3 years in driving buses, I’m 21 now, 22 by the time my job finishes here.

I’ll be leaving the bus world in december when the schools break up. So long as I’m not working between 2-5am I don’t care and will literally work all/any hours given to me, I am unable to deal with those 3 hours at present.

I prefer distance and night-out money. I’m based near Newcastle, but what’s best? Trying to find and pander an agency who will give me experience on RDC work, are there people locally who don’t mind new passes, or am I better off driving to and from leeds/north midlands once a week for some tramping?

Been on 10£/hour my entire bus career so won’t take much convincing haha.

Cheers.

Congrats. I am doing my theory this Saturday, and have a couple questions because I am using T&W LGV as well. How long from getting your theory did you have to wait for your place on the Practical course? Or did you not have to do the theory because of your Cat D? Just trying to find out how long it is going to take to get fro theory to Cat C and then from Cat C to C+E - info is sketchy at best.

Thanks and good luck

Jamie MP:

ST1980:

Jamie MP:

ST1980:

Cheers

Sunderland LGV is another reputable firm. Just ring them up mate, you always get a response in office hours.

Also consider NEDS on the Team Valley, ask for Ian, very attentive and professional trainer who’ll go the extra mile to help you through your test
nedrivingschool.co.uk/