New charge from agency

Hi

Just out of interest can agency charge contractors fee if someone is working as ltd company■■? if yes does it have to be written agreement.

I’m not employment agency but someone I know just got invoice stating that they will have x amount of money deducted from the next pay and he phoned me for advice and I don’t have a clue.

Ade

Afaik the agency can do whatever they want, but by the same token so can your mate! Namely take his labour elsewhere.

not a chance. they make their money from the client and they are sub contracting drivers. how can they charge a sub contractor for sub contracting them? any agency who trys that will soon run out of drivers which puts themselves out of business

I advise him to call them and request written confirmation what the charges are for, won’t know till tomorrow once he speak to them, it boils my blood when I hear this type of crap from someone I know for long time, I understand is business for agency’s but when someone getting the money taking for nothing then is just plain wrong.

I would tell em to get tae ■■■■. They make money from the difference they charge and payout without being greedy ■■■■■■■.

Its like charging the plumber because you called him out.

What does it say in your mate’s terms and conditions for his Limited Company and what does it say in the Agency’s? That’ll have a bearing on the matter.

malenki22:
someone I know just got invoice stating that they will have x amount of money deducted from the next pay and he phoned me for advice and I don’t have a clue.

Tell him to ring them up and decline the invoice.

Been honest not sure what it says in his terms and condition at the moment, but from what I know he only show them relevant paperwork about his Ltd company, they didn’t sign no contract or nothing, also he did send his invoice is well to them , but he did receive another invoice from them or some sort of company that claim that they do payroll for them :open_mouth:, I was under the impression that is up to the ltd co. to send the invoice for the services they provide and not the other way around.

I will update later on tomorrow with few more details. I have been reading stories on here about agency’s, never posted anything on here because it didn’t effected me in any shape or form but how people put up with it :open_mouth: .

Thanks for all your comments and advice anyway.

Ade