New cat c driver in Leeds looking for first job

I have recently got my cat c licence, Cpc and tachograph card.
I’m finding to find any vacancies for companies that do not want 2 years experience and so far have had no responses to any of the jobs i have applied for! I have been given advice to join an agency however- one agency I called wanted 2 years commercial experience for insurance and ideally I don’t want to give up a stable permanent job for temp work

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmm, let me think…

Imagine you’re an employer with a vacancy for a decent job. Do you take a risk on the Newbie with no experience, or the driver with a good looking CV? It’s a no brainer really…

So you have to change the balance somehow. Either by going the extra mile in impressing that employer, possibly still in vein. Or accept that as a Newbie you’re probably not going to get a look in on the better jobs, and you’ll have to start off at the bottom and do the crappy Newbie jobs that no one wants or sticks at. As the moment they’ve enough experience, they’ll be knocking on the doors of better work!

Sadly mate, you probably need to accept that your options are either getting the agency limp, or taking a full time job with the crappy work like food service, that others don’t want.

Sorry! :neutral_face:

P.S. And just because a job says 2 years experience, doesn’t necessarily mean that’s mandatory, as a lot of time that’s their preference.
i.e. By 2 years of experience, you might have developed the skills to bring the truck back in one piece! :smiley:

Evils right but just ask everyone you know. I found my first job through someone from work who doesn’t even work in the trade. You never know but just be persistent. If you want it you’ll get it mate. I used Google maps and searched the industrial estates and all the links from there. Good luck bud

Could try Montgomery Distribution. They’re in Walkers yard at Morley. Gave me a start back in 2006, about a week after getting my class 2. Still speak to one of lads, and I’m sure they still give new passes a go?

Thanks for all the advice guys!
Mbax81- will give them a call today pal cheers!

:smiley: :smiley:

tslater:
I’m finding to find any vacancies for companies that do not want 2 years experience and so far have had no responses to any of the jobs i have applied for! I have been given advice to join an agency however- one agency I called wanted 2 years commercial experience for insurance and ideally I don’t want to give up a stable permanent job for temp work

Tim

There’s Palmer & Harvey in Leeds > Class 2 Foodservice ( not every ones cup of tea)
As far as I know that they give newbies a go and looking for drivers in Leeds at the moment. It’s worth a try.

Otherwise there’s the ADR NETWORK in Wakefield. I thinks that is a ok agency.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Tipperdipper1:

tslater:

Tim

There’s Palmer & Harvey in Leeds > Class 2 Foodservice ( not every ones cup of tea)
As far as I know that they give newbies a go and looking for drivers in Leeds at the moment. It’s worth a try.

Otherwise there’s the ADR NETWORK in Wakefield. I thinks that is a ok agency.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks I’ve applied for palmer and Harvey and will have a look at the agency cheers