NEW CASTING

Is there anyone else out there in the truck model world who would like to see an ERF B or C Series offerd by KFS. If so, shout up.

If KFS are also viewing, please could this be considered if interest warrants?

hi hilltop4

try loggng on to forum.truckmodelworld.com & asking on there mate, as the guy who owns KFS (howard) gets on there so he would be able to tell you if he’s thinking of doing one or not.

cheers
gaz

kingdom trucks in northern ireland are currently toying with the idea of a 1/24 erf B series and gauging interest for it.
go to their website kingdomtrucks.com and let andrew know you are interested.if he does decide to produce it,it will be of the highest quality.
howard whitehead of kfs doesnt go on tmw much at the moment,so best to contact him direct-there is talk of a ford cargo kit next.
andrew.

Thanks for the info chaps.
:wink:

If an aftermarket company such as KFS, Kingdom or M&G did think of producing such a model then they wouldn’t even consider it unless there were something like 30 to 50 plus modellers, not only just interested in the idea, but that they would also have to make definate orders.
In the truck model fraternity at the moment there isn’t a great interest in older classics, they seem to prefer the modern Scania, Volvo and MAN and the ones that are into older stuff are in the minority. Plenty guys on here would be interested but who out of those would actually buy a kit for around £70 and that’s just for the cab and a few ancillery bits, the chassis, axles, wheels etc, would have to come from a plastic donor kit at around £40. For the aftermarket guys to turn out a full kit then that would put the price in the £100 plus mark.
Howard of KFS doesn’t bother with the Truck Model World Forum thesedays and no longer subscribes to the magazine either (he does still do the odd article), he did however issue a statement through another party that he hasn’t given up on truck models and the Cargo kit was mentioned, he does do his market research so wouldn’t make a kit such as this if he didn’t think it would sell, hopefully! He would also be the first to say some kits in the past did not seem as popular as he had thought and didn’t sell so well. He is busy with military subjects and these continue to increase in range.
Other modellers have muted interest in various makes in the past but with little overall interest the projects never get off the ground, the Hell Drivers Kew Dodge was one such example that had little return of interest and you would think a model of those famous film stars would do well. Good luck in your attempt to have something happen with this but you would have to convince any cottage industry manufacturer it would have plenty genuine customers. Cheers Franky.

Cheers Frankydobo,

I see where you are coming from. I understand that these guys wont committ unless orders are in. Well…mine is 1…anybody else out there?, shout here and lets get the ball rolling :wink:

like i said check out the kingdom trucks website as they are gauging interest on whether to release a transkit of the B series .not my cup of tea personally,
kingdomtrucks.com/resin_kits.htm
andrew.

andrew.s:
like i said check out the kingdom trucks website as they are gauging interest on whether to release a transkit of the B series .not my cup of tea personally,
kingdomtrucks.com/resin_kits.htm
andrew.

If you want to have a go at casting one, every credit. I would have a B series with a factory sleeper cab. Andrew at Kingdom did build a C series with the Jennings sleeper cab, I think it was based on the KFS E series kit

T.B

If you want to have a go at casting one, every credit. I would have a B series with a factory sleeper cab. Andrew at Kingdom did build a C series with the Jennings sleeper cab, I think it was based on the KFS E series kit

T.B

Yeah, I know which one you are refering to. After speaking with Andrew some time ago, I recall that he said it was a right b***h to convert too, and one of those projects that he never wish he had started.

I will pop onto the kingdom website, and register my interest on there. Thanks folks.

Its a difficult one for the likes of KFS/Kingdom etc to gauge. The research time & production costs etc must be a knightmare, when really they are just fishing & hoping for a big enough bite to feed the family! I have driven F86s/F88s/F10s/12s, Globetrotters/ Space-cabs/ Toplines etc, all the toys that most on this forum have, but when it comes to modelling I prefer to go back to my days riding with my dad as a child, so AECs/Scammell Highwaymen/GUYS etc are my thing as so many of dads years were on petrol tankers (Mobil), a lot of these are obviously as rare as rocking-horse doo-doo in the larger scales, & although I can understand the prices then charged for these kits, I can get a lot more for my money & create more interesting (for me) scenes in the smaller scales from Road Transport images etc, not as much detail obviously, but I am just starting a diorama of his old fuel depot, as I can get all the British wagons, & I think the diorama’s are great for the memories, you can’t beat a bit of nostalgia :smiley:
Regards
Chris