New Cameras

Was going to put this in another thread but thought it may be better spotted on its own. Have noticed 2 new cameras on the A34 nb in the Journey Time Trial section in Oxfordshire. The 1st camera is directly behind the first sign warning you of where the restriction starts and the 2nd camera is (spookily) directly behind the 2nd sign that tells you where the restriction ends. I only noticed them one night because i could see a blue led light in the distance and thought it was plod. Turns out, this is at the base of the cameras and at the top of the pole are 2 infa red cameras and exactly the same set-up at the 2nd camera. Are these to catch LGVs that venture out into lane 2, speeders, tax dodgers etc etc? I know that Officer Dibble used to park up at the end of the Chilton exit (just left of the roundabout at the end by the gate on left) with a Lazer and catch the unsuspecting when building up a head of steam after ‘that’ hill.

Hidden Speed Traps
The recent Government Guidelines, which state that Speed Cameras should be made clearly visible, would appear to be causing confusion.

Guidelines aren’t mentioned in the law, so if the speed camera that flashed you was hidden from view it will not affect the allegation of speeding that’s been brought against you. However, you should report the camera’s location to The Department of Transport, as doing so should result in the particular authority being removed from the “netting-off scheme” which allows them to keep part of the revenue collected by their speed cameras.

It may not be a speed trap, but maybe could be reported for Hiding these traps behind road furniture (Signs)

Wasn’t flashed, these seem more of a ‘permanently on’ system, pretty much like security cameras. Maybe someone who travels up here through the day would be able to shed some light on the system in use. Seeing as there wont be too many LGVs speeding up this hill, i guess they are trying to catch those that venture out in to lane 2 between the set hours. The blue led is at ground level but can be seen from about 100yds out