new C+E job

Wheel Nut:

kevchalluk:

Wheel Nut:
Well done Kev. I have already made my mind up about you and your new job. i will tell you in a fortnight if I was right.

I think the lorries are green :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not the obvious one who I presume you’re thinking of!

:wink:

Not that one, a little bird told me :stuck_out_tongue:

Who? Lorries definitely aren’t green though! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bit of an update on this as I’m now coming to the end of my third week. I’m at RT Keedwell but I’m not going to go into anything about the firm or the money on a public forum.

The main update is that I’m now on artic and tautliner work as I couldn’t get to grips with the wagon and drag job as it involved using a truck mounted crane delivering bricks and blocks to building sites etc and I just wasn’t confident with it at all. Driving the truck was fine, it was just handling the crane! So I’ve done two weeks of general haulage (though still mostly brick and block but on pallets for fork offload) and I’m much happier

Long days, some long distances covered, lots of nights out but great experience and a goodssteep learning curve! Not sure if I’ll be kept on or not but they seem relatively busy soiI’ll stick at it while I’m needed!

Started out in this for a couple of days

Then had this for a week

Now in for this week and maybe longer

Sounds good :smiley:

I dont have my C+E license yet and I’m about to obtain my Class C in the coming weeks, its nice to hear success stories as I’m quite worried about getting into the Industry as I will be coming form the hospitality industry with a degree in Hospitality management but my true passion in life is driving.

But well done, keep on trucking.

Good luck with your training. I came from a cushy office job but enjoy driving so much more. I used to wonder how I’d get a job, how do “seats” in trucks become available, but you just have to put some effort in and take whatever opportunity and experience comes your way in the early days. My current job or truck would probably be sneered at by many people, but i’m out on the road and enjoying the challenge and getting a wage every week so I’m happy enough with that at the moment!

It does sound good :smiley: Congratulations.

I will be approaching all the haulage firms in a 15-20 miles radius of where I live, dropping CV’s, cold calling, e-mailing and being a pest :smiling_imp:

I literally don’t care how I get my foot in the door, skips, tyres, waste disposal… anything, I generally want to go into plletised good, or fuel haulage.

Just curious which depot you running out of Kevin?

Pollington, East Yorkshire

Ok. The reason I asked is that I live 2 mins from the HQ depot in Somerset.

I went down there to pick the FH up

Well done on getting the job mate. They have a big depot in hull I may go see them when Im ready.

Well done on getting the job , did you have a hiab ticket beforehand or did they give you some training on it ?
Cheers mike

Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply to this. They trained me on crane, but it wasn’t for me. I’m no longer at Keedwell, moved to somewhere smaller and more local to me about a month ago now.

yes I think you have to move around until you find the right job for you. Since posting on this thread I got loads of jobs HGV2 multidrop, tyres and trunking then had a break for two weeks while I did my CPC and Class 1. Now working for agency at Potter Logistics and been offered a full toe job if I want it in a couple of weeks. I have also been offered 3 jobs by firms in my area. So plenty of work about :smiley:

A full toe job, how could you resist !
(Couldn’t help it) :grimacing:

Nice on Kev. Good luck with the job mate

Alder, are you working for potter out of Selby? I applied there but there was nothing going at the time. Luckily I’ve not had any trouble finding work and have been fortunate enough to have people actually ring me up with offers after I called round lots of local firms in person.