New C+E driver help please

Hi there, I’ve recently passed artic in August this year, prior to this Cat C in May. I have completed 35 hours CPC and am in possession of DQC so ready to go…!
I am wanting to start taking my C.V around to various places as read on here that’s the best way forward, do the bigger companies take on newbies or am I better to concerntrate my efforts on smaller companies. I haven’t discounted going down the agency route however, I am currently employed full time and I think to go down this route would be a gamble to give up my job??
I live in Sheffield and am willing to travel within a sensible distance to find a break.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Go to Sports Direct at Shirebrook (just off junc 29 M1). They take newbies on and give training on their vehicles. Mostly nights. Some double manned but not all.

I trained their assessor so if you want any tips you could pm me. But there isn’t anything out of the ordinary to worry about.

Another one who is looking for newbies is Taylors at Huthwaite (just off junc 28 M1)

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s great Pete, thanks for your reply you never fail to give advice to the newbies on here, your a great help!!!

Was talking to 2 sports direct drivers 2 weeks ago in Plymouth, out double manned for the day was midday.
They both said they are after drivers so as Pete said give them a try.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for backing up what Pete said re sports direct, I’m going to give them a try, I I’ll post on here if I get any where, cheers Matt.