new browser

anyone tried the new google browser, its pretty fast and short on disc space, just google “google chrome”
play a little and it seems better than i.e and firefox
i put it in here to let more see it
im on it and it does seem faster etc

Seen the ads on google for it, was tempted as it looks basic, not a fan of Firefox too crowded and memory hungry, so still using IE 6 myself. Might try it tonight.

Been messing about with it and seemed faster but IE is more attractive.

Seems to stop pop ups better right enough so I may change once I get used to it, just seems strange at the moment.

AT LAST a no frills browser not full of bloatware

Thankyou Google :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

it has a few bugs in it still, but does work quite fast, my only real grumble is you can import favorites/bookmarks from other browsers, but all of mine are on google bookmarks and I haven’t found a way to get them onto the new Google browser

hungry-hackers.com/2008/09/g … -tool.html

Like many things its a bit too new and hackable at the minute gut given time I mig
ht consider it.

jimti:
it has a few bugs in it still, but does work quite fast, my only real grumble is you can import favorites/bookmarks from other browsers, but all of mine are on google bookmarks and I haven’t found a way to get them onto the new Google browser

i imported all my favs etc from firefox just goto the spanner top right and it scrolls to show “import bookmarks and other settings”

my google bookmarks are all online, it only copys bookmarks stored on the pc
The reason I only have them online is because of the amount of times I use other pc’s so I can access them from any pc (but not with Crome)

I must admit, it’s pretty fast. I’ve got shut of Firefox since getting Chrome, it blows IE out of the water. :sunglasses:

ive got it but dont really use it as im on vista for security and internet explorer.

jessicas dad:
ive got it but dont really use it as im on vista for security and internet explorer.

im on vista as well but prefer google than i.e at the moment. still the odd bug but nothing serious

i wondered what google chrome was :confused:

the one thing i do like about firefox is the customisability of it ie i can see the colours and fonts that i prefer no matter how the websites are set up. if it doesnt have that then its of no interest to me. firefox has always served me well. IE is just a waste of memory and if firefox didnt need bits of it i wouldnt have it on my pc at all. i dont know if IE7 is any better basically because i cant see it being much different to IE6