New Bridge

New replacement for the Ponte Morandi in Genoa now open.
One year to construct it after the collapse in 2018. Quick for anywhere, but especially Italy.

To be fair it looks like technology has moved on a bit since the original nutter version.They seem to have made it so the deck sections take most of the stresses.By all accounts using steel beam construction I guess like Sheppey.

steelconstruction.info/image … ossing.jpg

New bridge makes much more sense than new bride :wink:

TNUK civil engineering department and TNUK bridge engineering department

commented on by TNUK fantasytorrylmultipleidprick department…seems fair enough sofar.
at least the bridge exists.

someone is going to get put into the naughty corner if their mummy catches them hiding under the blanket with a torch in the middle of
the night.
just because theres no school in the morning is no excuse.

What’s most impressive is the time taken IMHO…

Sky news…

Take on things.

msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ne … d=msedgdhp

the maoster:
New bridge makes much more sense than new bride :wink:

Agreed.
I noticed my typo, but although I can work the “edit” function on my phone for the text, I haven’t got around to altering the Title.
Thanks to the kind Moderator for the correction.

0118AAF2-1185-42FF-A311-F84D824CE502.jpegWent over it for the first time on Thursday,very impressive and quickly built too…
Maybe they could show the highway agency in the U.K. how to get their arses into gear and complete work quicker!

jase:
Went over it for the first time on Thursday,very impressive and quickly built too…
Maybe they could show the highway agency in the U.K. how to get their arses into gear and complete work quicker!

I’ll save judgement for at least 12 months. Let’s see how well it’s standing up to being used then and how much work they’ve had to do on it in that time.

Conor:

jase:
Went over it for the first time on Thursday,very impressive and quickly built too…

I’ll save judgement for at least 12 months. Let’s see how well it’s standing up to being used then and how much work they’ve had to do on it in that time.

It can only possibly be better than the retarded dangerous Morandi design piece of junk.It’s architect rightly effectively said as much in veiled terms.
In this case even worse because there was obviously no need for any type of suspended design.Let alone the dodgy cable stay idea which obviously applies continuous reversing tensile loads to the towers as traffic passes from one side to the other.