NEW BOOK: 'Where's Sharawrah?', Gordon Pearce

I have just finished reading Where’s Sharawrah? By Gordon Pearce (Old Pond Publishing). What a fabulous little book! If you are sick of the absurdly over sensationalised documentaries about trucking that currently proliferates on the TV, then this is like a breath of fresh air. Quietly told, Gordon’s tales of driving on ‘internals’ in Saudi Arabia in the ‘70s are filled with information, insight and the real-life adventure of Middle-East trucking. An excellent read!

Robert :smiley:

An absolute ‘must read!’

I would have thought that there was a good chance that Gordon will be at Gaydon at the weekend. This’d be an ideal opportunity to pick up a copy of the book from the Old Pond stand and get it signed at the same time. Robert

I know that am I not the only chap promoting this most excellent work behind the scenes. The excellent Toprun is certainly behind it: hence the picture. I am aware that Gordon is unwell at this moment in time. Our thoughts remain with him. But I will his book to succeed. Robert

fb-102.jpg

Hello,

Sorry to hear Gordon is unwell, i used to see him now and again on my travels and i lived just down the road from Astran,

Not wanting to steal this thread but another book that is interesting to read is, The Long Haul Pioneers by Ashley Goghill, as i am new to this site i apologize if this has been posted before.

Roger.

valleyforge:
Hello,

Sorry to hear Gordon is unwell, i used to see him now and again on my travels and i lived just down the road from Astran,

Not wanting to steal this thread but another book that is interesting to read is, The Long Haul Pioneers by Ashley Goghill, as i am new to this site i apologize if this has been posted before.

Roger.

No apology needed, mate. Ashley is a close friend of Gordon Pearce. Ashley’s book is wonderful and, as you say, interesting to read. We live in a period when it is no longer feasible to enjoy the Middle-East run, but we can at least enjoy the sudden proliferation of books about the subject that have flowered on the market. :wink: Robert :slight_smile:

Ashley Coghill has written a book? Wow you’d think he would’ve mentioned it…

newmercman:
Ashley Coghill has written a book? Wow you’d think he would’ve mentioned it…

Well, Newmercman, though I can see where you might be coming from it has to be recognised that this newcomer to the forum is only on his 10th posting. Perhaps he is unaware of what is out there, unlike the rest of us. :wink: Who knows? Robert

I saw that valleyforge had put in a new to the forum disclaimer, so thought I’d share some flippant thoughts with you all.

Bumped up for DBP. Robert

Robert ,I am so sorry ,somewhere in the old back brain I thought I had heard of the book[ the word SHARARAW] and as I was on AMAZON looking for some new reads, Gordon’s book came up . I HAVE GOT SHORT TERM MEMMORY LOSS.
THANKS AGAIN for the bump, I WILL NOW PURCHASE IT.[KINDLE] DBP.

deckboypeggy:
Robert ,I am so sorry ,somewhere in the old back brain I thought I had heard of the book[ the word SHARARAW] and as I was on AMAZON looking for some new reads, Gordon’s book came up . I HAVE GOT SHORT TERM MEMMORY LOSS.
THANKS AGAIN for the bump, I WILL NOW PURCHASE IT.[KINDLE] DBP.

Don’t worry mate - this forum is an absolute maze of threads! The sad thing, of course, is that since this thread was started the author, Gordon has passed away. Here is the link to the thread which carries the comments of remembrance:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=131834

Robert