New birmingham lorry park

Hiya uuuurrrrrrrmmmmmmmm we,er having a new lorry park in brum its costing £1.5 million and hold 39 trucks.
thats money well spent…In the 80/90,s they had a brilliant truck stop on the M5 that held 400 trucks. and
the police let the shell manager sell it to B&Q. then the council gave planning permission for a wharehouse.

hi john,
how are you mate? i can recall visiting truck world? years ago,near keltruck at jct.1,they also had one at thurrock.i wondered what happened to them.so the new proposed truck stop has capacity for 39 trucks,wow that should ease night congestion around the west midlands :smiley:.what planet are these planners on?cause it can’t be the same one as us :smiley: :smiley: .
regards andrew

They only need 30 odd spaces, how many are going to pay £15 to sit in a wire cage in some dodgy area of Brum.

Trev_H:
They only need 30 odd spaces, how many are going to pay £15 to sit in a wire cage in some dodgy area of Brum.

Depends what area, or where abouts its gonna be…

3300John:
Hiya uuuurrrrrrrmmmmmmmm we,er having a new lorry park in brum its costing £1.5 million and hold 39 trucks.
thats money well spent…In the 80/90,s they had a brilliant truck stop on the M5 that held 400 trucks. and
the police let the shell manager sell it to B&Q. then the council gave planning permission for a wharehouse.

£1.5 million for 39 spaces !!!.why not 40 spaces ?.the words hand and back spring to my mind :confused:
the one at west bromwich couldnt have been in a better place,and a massive parking area,never got to use it that much being local !!

I use to park at junction 1 sometimes , found it handy as Brs was just down the road, also there was a bit of concrete which was handy when doing a box swap with the wagon and drag , except you always had a audience from the arctic drivers as they finshed there break .

curnock:

3300John:

£1.5 million for 39 spaces !!!.why not 40 spaces ?.the words hand and back spring to my mind :confused:
the one at west bromwich couldnt have been in a better place,and a massive parking area,never got to use it that much being local !!

Hiya …40… forty…forty we don,t the place swamped with trucks… forty…come on is,nt 39 enough.
Sid Harrison had more in his orchard.
John

bloody ridiculous, get 2 or 3 badly parked motors and then its 30 spaces. I remember the lorrypark opposite Keltrucks, “Truckhaven” wasn’t it? I used it alot as it was one (legal) hit back to my hometown. Always better than Hilton Park or Frankley. How long has it been gone?

Regards,

Mark.

brookie:
bloody ridiculous, get 2 or 3 badly parked motors and then its 30 spaces. I remember the lorrypark opposite Keltrucks, “Truckhaven” wasn’t it? I used it alot as it was one (legal) hit back to my hometown. Always better than Hilton Park or Frankley. How long has it been gone?
Hiya…the truckstop at westbrom(jct1 M5) would have closed in 96 i think. i bloody lived in there. it was just right for me.
leave early morning up to Chester swap trailers and back to the truckstop for brekki and a shower run into north london
tip and back to the truckstop. we fueled up there so we lived for almost nothing. diesel vouchers and truck parking
paid for food and drinks.there was stacks of south wales lads who stayed their and did we have a laugh.
We had a ilness night one time. i said i,d been to the doc,s and the doc(she) had done a prostrate test on me that set the
ball rolling, some one else had a camera up his old man. then a chap was telling us about his missus having a epidural
for the birth. she peed all over the floor .he was showing us how he tried to catch the pee in a bowl. everyone was in fits of laughing. the miserable manager (castle) asked us to be quiet. that castle chap was a big shell boss i was told. not many people liked him so he was made manager of the truckstop and he hated it. thats why when he was approched to
sell the land it suited him so he could go back to head office.

3300John:

brookie:
Hiya…the truckstop at westbrom(jct1 M5) would have closed in 96 i think. i bloody lived in there. it was just right for me.
leave early morning up to Chester swap trailers and back to the truckstop for brekki and a shower run into north london
tip and back to the truckstop. we fueled up there so we lived for almost nothing. diesel vouchers and truck parking
paid for food and drinks.there was stacks of south wales lads who stayed their and did we have a laugh.
We had a ilness night one time. i said i,d been to the doc,s and the doc(she) had done a prostrate test on me that set the
ball rolling, some one else had a camera up his old man. then a chap was telling us about his missus having a epidural
for the birth. she peed all over the floor .he was showing us how he tried to catch the pee in a bowl. everyone was in fits of laughing. the miserable manager (castle) asked us to be quiet. that castle chap was a big shell boss i was told. not many people liked him so he was made manager of the truckstop and he hated it. thats why when he was approched to

Hi John,did you ever go in that cafe just off Junction 1 on the Birmingham side,Holyhead road I think it was.I can’t recall the name of it but it was open all night.I used it just once when I was on nights and that was it.BRS used it a lot and various others as well as dubious looking characters that had crawled out of night clubs down Soho Road.It was a popular place lots of cars and wagons parked but once was enough for me.Early 80s it would be.

hi all, the reason for 39 spaces means 38 for johnny foringer & 1 for a uk lorry :laughing: : :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :
typical councils , used west brom a few times good laughs & comardary

Chris Webb:

3300John:

brookie:

Hi Chris, It was called the Boundry, the name came from the fact it was on the boundry line between Brum and West brom (Sandwell), a real seedy hole that hosted some well dodgy characters at night (police inc.!) It was almost opposite T.Brady’s depot (Cargo European services). We often used it as it was the nearest cafe to our depot in Middlemore rd. on going out and returning back from runs.

Hi John,did you ever go in that cafe just off Junction 1 on the Birmingham side,Holyhead road I think it was.I can’t recall the name of it but it was open all night.I used it just once when I was on nights and that was it.BRS used it a lot and various others as well as dubious looking characters that had crawled out of night clubs down Soho Road.It was a popular place lots of cars and wagons parked but once was enough for me.Early 80s it would be.

Hello again Chris, I would park overnight at the Boundary Cafe occasionally and like you said it was full of dodgy looking characters late at night ( I think nearly every town had somewhere like that ) and one particular night two or three of us were having tea and toast in there after a few drinks accross the road in the Hawthorns a brick came through the window luckily no-one was sittng too close. There was very little reaction from the old woman behind the counter, and a few nights later I walked in there and the broken glass was still all over the floor. I could tell a few more stories about the Boundary but not on here.
In my little museum in my garage there is a framed collection of old parking tickets, you know, the ones they gave you for nothing, and one of them is from the Boundary for 3 shillings ( 15 pence ) , happy days,even happier nights. Regards, Haddy.

haddy:
Hello again Chris, I would park overnight at the Boundary Cafe occasionally and like you said it was full of dodgy looking characters late at night ( I think nearly every town had somewhere like that ) and one particular night two or three of us were having tea and toast in there after a few drinks accross the road in the Hawthorns a brick came through the window luckily no-one was sittng too close. There was very little reaction from the old woman behind the counter, and a few nights later I walked in there and the broken glass was still all over the floor. I could tell a few more stories about the Boundary but not on here.
In my little museum in my garage there is a framed collection of old parking tickets, you know, the ones they gave you for nothing, and one of them is from the Boundary for 3 shillings ( 15 pence ) , happy days,even happier nights. Regards, Haddy.

Hi Haddy and Trev,that’s it,the Boundary.I remember now that one of our drivers on the Littlewoods contract called in there one friday night/saturday morning after tipping Birmingham and West Brom Littlewoods stores on the key and a driver came in and said “yer tail lift’s on the floor and the shutter up on yer trailer”. He ran outside but nobody was around and the trailer was just full of empty cages.The thing was you could isolate the tail lift batteries so whoever was messing knew what they were on with. :laughing: I remember the dodgy looking characters down Soho Road coming out of those equally dodgy looking clubs early in a morning.