New beginning before the end

Right lads and lasses :slight_smile: How are you? I’m planning on hanging my keys up after the whole 7 yrs of driving (I’m 27yrs old) :grimacing: basically just lost the passion for it: the hours, the abuse, the waiting, the shouting and so on… want to stop next September so i’ ve given my self a year to do what i ve always wanted. Euro. Ive done days, done tramping round the UK so now decided to try out for the euro work. aint got no experience in that area so wondering if anyone out there is wiling to employ a “new” driver. I live in northampton so do you guys know anyone who does euro and pay decent money :blush: good kit and dont push you like theres no tomorrow. ive heard that dixon international are looking for drivers down at rugby depot and so does bedworth haulage but they ask for experience in euroland. any info on them? any sugestions would do.

Tin hat and hi viz on so hit it as hard as you can im all ready :slight_smile:

Thank you

Ask Carryfast! :wink:

Have you also posted on the Euro forum pal?

Best of luck! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Ask Carryfast! :wink:

Have you also posted on the Euro forum pal?

Best of luck! :smiley:

Gonna do now :wink:

I had to double check I hadn’t posted when tipsy then! Am also 27, from Northampton, and planning an escape after seven years in the game!

Give EM Rogers a try, they’re only on Lodge Farm?

Feel free to PM also, might know ya from somewhere!

Javiatrix:
I had to double check I hadn’t posted when tipsy then! Am also 27, from Northampton, and planning an escape after seven years in the game!

Give EM Rogers a try, they’re only on Lodge Farm?

Feel free to PM also, might know ya from somewhere!

i work with the bloke who used to work for EM Rogers delivering cars. its a good gig according to him. very glamorous he said. monaco and stuff like that

Trucker8oy:
Right lads and lasses :slight_smile: How are you? I’m planning on hanging my keys up after the whole 7 yrs of driving (I’m 27yrs old) :grimacing: basically just lost the passion for it: the hours, the abuse, the waiting, the shouting and so on… want to stop next September so i’ ve given my self a year to do what i ve always wanted. Euro. Ive done days, done tramping round the UK so now decided to try out for the euro work. aint got no experience in that area so wondering if anyone out there is wiling to employ a “new” driver. I live in northampton so do you guys know anyone who does euro and pay decent money :blush: good kit and dont push you like theres no tomorrow. ive heard that dixon international are looking for drivers down at rugby depot and so does bedworth haulage but they ask for experience in euroland. any info on them? any sugestions would do.

Thank you

The above just about sums this crap industry up! I bet there’s loads of ‘new drivers’ that have a dream to drive a big shiny wagon, unfortunately reality soon bites and the dream very quickly turns into a nightmare, quite sad really.

So you’re disillusioned at only 27 years old? I’ve got paint on my back door that’s older than you! Right now you’ve got to seriously think about what you are going to do with your life because the way things are going, you’re going to have to work til you’re nearly 70 & you’ll need to have a very healthy pension pot if you are to have a comfortable retirement.
Sorry to sound a miserable old sod, but I sincerely hope you find a job you feel settled in.

Have you tried some of the Dutch co.s that run over here?
There are still a few left that employ Brit drivers, as long as you have somewhere to park near home.
Avoid DeRooy and Harry Vos, although I think they just use Easties now.

I felt like that once,was going to just chuck it all in for good.
Then I found a job I love so Iv got my “passion” back for the job.
I think it’s bad firms that drag some people down and I believe your perfect job will pop up eventually…took me 14 years but got one in the end…

Truckerboy, if you’re planning on giving up on driving next September then my advice is to stick to it rigidly and accept now that you may not get to experience continental work the way you want to.
It can take a long time, like years to get on with the few remaining decent companies still doing the work.
I had a plan in my twenties to drive until I was about 30, but that went out the window when I got to 30 as I hadn’t done all I wanted to. I eventually got where I wanted to working for the best company (IMHO) in the West Country doing continental work, and stayed there over 12 years until I eventually gave it up for a home life last year.
Looking back now, although I had some really great times on the road I sometimes wish I’d stuck with my plan and given up driving when I was 30 and done things differently.

Mickey mouse:

Trucker8oy:

Thank you

The above just about sums this crap industry up! I bet there’s loads of ‘new drivers’ that have a dream to drive a big shiny wagon, unfortunately reality soon bites and the dream very quickly turns into a nightmare, quite sad really.

Suppose it all depends on who they go drive for, there are firms out there that I wouldn’t even consider working for and who don’t deserve the drivers they have, and they are some of the biggest players in this industry, their drivers are treated like machines running to a clock, tracked every minute of the day, harassed constantly by phone, disaplined for the most minor things, that’s not living the dream, that’s a living nightmare…and I think I would of ended up leaving the industry after only a few years if they were all like that, but there not and have managed 28 and a bit years of not having to put up with that sort of crap.

Mickey mouse:

I’m still a ‘new driver’, I had a dream of not driving a forklift all day for £1300 a month or being a supervisor in a steel yard for £1500 a month, a job that very nearly killed me. It took me less than 3 months to earn back the money my class 1 licence cost me and 18 months later I’m still enjoying the job, it beats the ■■■■ out of actually working for a living! Whatever you do there’ll be ■■■■■ out to spoil your day and stressful situations to overcome but there’s not many other industries where you spend the majority of your time looking out the window with the radio on where the ■■■■■■■■■ can’t reach you.