New Actros

Had to use a 60 plate Merc the other night, left leg is still sore! Absolute luxury getting back in a DAF last night. Is it true Mercs are more expensive than DAF’s, MAN’s etc…?

Im with you Streaky. I feel we’re in the minority though. After driving all those demos recently, i rekon the’re all much of a muchness really. As for the cost, again there was’nt much in it really except for Scania which was a fair bit dearer.

I was given one of these new actros a couple of weeks ago,didn’t know we were having any of the new model but was well surprised when i was asked to trial it for our company. I’ve had the AXOR 1843 for about ten years now but was never really impressed with them,they just did the job and that was it. However the new actros is a different animal indeed,i believe merc have spent £100 MILLION developing the new actros and boy can you tell where they have spent the money.
In my opinion it drives, handles like a dream and it saves an absolute fortune on fuel compared to my 61 PLATE AXOR (the boss is well chuffed).
In my humble opinion it is the best truck on the road by some margin, i said to the boss the other day that having driven most, if not all of the european truck makes over the last 20 years there is only 2 trucks i would happily drive all the time,one being the volvo FH and the other being this new ACTROS, I think it is absolutely FANTASTIC, good on yer merc.

Saw the Taft one Friday, looks impressive, so does lomas’s. Think they’re a nice bit of kit, but then the old cliche nobody makes a bad truck anymore springs to mind!

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?oyuy52