New Actros in fatal with pedestrian

thisishullandeastriding.co.u … z2RhJw05rY

sad news, my condolences to all parties. but it’s show 1 thing, it doesn’t matter how many mirror’s you have. there will always be a blind spot. :frowning:

and one other thing, most of the comment’s on the OP’s link, there doesn’t seem to be any blaiming going on, all are saying what a tragic accident it is.

I drive an mp4 Actros, and they’ve moved the ‘pedestrian mirror’ that hangs in front of the windscreen, so if it’s raining, it’s now outside the swipe of the wipers, so completely useless.

Not saying that had any effect on this incident, but it’s bloody daft :imp:

That was the second fatal accident involving a truck in Hull in two days. A man was killed when hit by a Dutch registered lorry on Thursday.

xfmatt:
That was the second fatal accident involving a truck in Hull in two days. A man was killed when hit by a Dutch registered lorry on Thursday.

I was in Hull last week and people were just walking all over the road. Crazy. They wouldn’t stand a chance in London, it must be a Yorkshire thing :slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

xfmatt:

I was in Hull last week and people were just walking all over the road. Crazy. They wouldn’t stand a chance in London, it must be a Yorkshire thing :slight_smile:

I think it is an Albanian thing, certainly around the railway station and Spring Bank :stuck_out_tongue:

WTF, is the Actros like Optimus Prime or something?

Yes it transformed and hit the person on the head then did the robot dance

Wheel Nut:

FarnboroughBoy11:

xfmatt:

I think it is an Albanian thing, certainly around the railway station and Spring Bank :stuck_out_tongue:

Stop being ridiculous, it’s everyone. Men, women, children, white, black, yellow, and it’s all over the town, they think they’re bloody invincible and can just walk into the road as and when they chuffing well like.

I don’t even need to click that link to know that the comments section will be full of people disproving the Monkeys/Typewriters/Shakespeare theory. Someone on my Facebook feed yesterday stated that lorries should be banned from that road! slaps forehead :unamused:

WETBEHINDTHELUGS:

Wheel Nut:

FarnboroughBoy11:

xfmatt:

Stop being ridiculous, it’s everyone. Men, women, children, white, black, yellow, and it’s all over the town, they think they’re bloody invincible and can just walk into the road as and when they chuffing well like.

I don’t even need to click that link to know that the comments section will be full of people disproving the Monkeys/Typewriters/Shakespeare theory. Someone on my Facebook feed yesterday stated that lorries should be banned from that road! slaps forehead :unamused:

no-one seems to be blaming the truck driver. they are saying it looks like it happened at a pedestrian crossing but it didnt happen there and a van driver was obscuring the truck drivers view. the van driver drove off when it happened :exclamation:

A lot of drivers are unaware that a pedestrian is the only thing that has right of way on a road.

albion1971:
A lot of drivers are unaware that a pedestrian is the only thing that has right of way on a road.

Thanks for that Tufty.

albion1971:

to what degree do you mean they have right of way, i know that if your turning into a junction and a pedestrian is walking across the junction then its their right of way and you should stop and wait for them but thats about all i think - they cant just walk all over the road willy nilly? :question:

Own Account Driver:

albion1971:

Thanks for that Tufty.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: