New Actros and air duster

What size of nozzle is required to connect hose to air supply under the bonnet or air tanks in the back? Actros MP4.

You mean for an air duster for the cab?.

Go to Pirtek they stock all the required kit and are much cheaper than Merc parts. They built one up and fitted mine at Penrith, guy very helpful there if you are passing.
There is a fitting behind your drivers seat btw.

It’s a series 21 quick release connector you are looking for.

Think it’s a test point connector that fits on to them. Are you trying to fit an air duster to clean inside the cab?

No fellow, I only want to connect, clean and disconnect and go home then :wink:

Even my state of the art Arocs :sunglasses: has a valve to attach, said " must have" cab accessory onto.
Its bottom right of the drivers seat.
The air duster is still in the original packaging ,under the passenger seat.

damoq:

Where do I get it?

Wilk:

damoq:

Where do I get it?

Got mine from a place in Glasgow called Duncan Rodgers. You can order online from their website.

airlines-pneumatics.co.uk/

Wilk:

damoq:

Where do I get it?

pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … 16&alt=web

If you buy one of these - pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … 55&alt=web

You want the plug with a 4mm hose tail

Wilk:

damoq:

Where do I get it?

Already told you mate :neutral_face: …, you can get all this stuff at any branch of Pirtek.

robroy:

Wilk:

damoq:

Where do I get it?

Already told you mate :neutral_face: …, you can get all this stuff at any branch of Pirtek.

Personally I wouldn’t recommend pirtek. I tried them when I was looking for the fitting. I had the truck right outside their door for him to have a look and the guy wasn’t interested in helping me. Without even coming out to the truck to see what fitting was required, he said he didn’t have any and didn’t know where I could get one. That was it. Maybe this was just this one particular guy in this one particular branch who was unhelpful. Maybe other branches might be OK, but I’m one of those people who won’t go near or recommend a place again after a bad experience. I’ll go elsewhere in future.

damoq:

robroy:

Wilk:

damoq:

Where do I get it?

Personally I wouldn’t recommend pirtek. I tried them when I was looking for the fitting. I had the truck right outside their door for him to have a look and the guy wasn’t interested in helping me. Without even coming out to the truck to see what fitting was required, he said he didn’t have any and didn’t know where I could get one. That was it. Maybe this was just this one particular guy in this one particular branch who was unhelpful. Maybe other branches might be OK, but I’m one of those people who won’t go near or recommend a place again after a bad experience. I’ll go elsewhere in future.

I only recommended them myself because the guy at Pirtek Penrith could not be more helpful, he built up the bits on both ends on to my existing duster, and done his best to keep the cost down.
Which branch did you use? Name and shame.

robroy:

damoq:

robroy:

Wilk:

damoq:

Where do I get it?

I only recommended them myself because the guy at Pirtek Penrith could not be more helpful, he built up the bits on both ends on to my existing duster, and done his best to keep the cost down.
Which branch did you use? Name and shame.

Kilmarnock.

In reply to the above posting…i use the Kilmarnock one for just the same as you, pull up at door and fant the goodies. horn fittings, hydraulic, all kinds of air pipe repairs and have found all the different guys there to be just the same extremely helpfull type as the penrith one.
you must have got someone on a bad day.

To make you aware I bought AllRide heavy duty air duster for trucks max. pressure 13 kg/cm2 from the truckstop and I am looking to fit this:

onto that one:

I cannot do it as it is a little bit too small and I am asking for the size to fit. Pirtek did not help.

Wilk:
To make you aware I bought AllRide heavy duty air duster for trucks max. pressure 13 kg/cm2 from the truckstop and I am looking to fit this:
onto that one:
I cannot do it as it is a little bit too small and I am asking for the size to fit. Pirtek did not help.

There’s no need to connect your air duster to the pipes under the grill. That’s a very awkward way of doing things plus I wouldn’t want to mess about with them as they could have something to do with the foot brake valve!!! That’s why there’s a proper connection behind the driver’s seat.
Get the series 21 fitting!!!

You’re welcome :unamused: