New A45 at Weedon, opens 15th Nov

Opening date for that new bit of the A45 confirmed as 15th November: https://www.daventryexpress.co.uk/news/opening-date-for-a45-link-road-near-weedon-finally-confirmed-1-8697077

Article has details of a party in Weedon village hall, if anyone’s interested …

It’s single carriage way, so it’s outdated before they open it, same as the A15 from Peterborough to Spalding,… what ever happened to the Victorian idea of makeing things bigger than needed so the could cope later, instead of the 20th century principal of build it for today, we’re not in charge next year.

biggriffin:
It’s single carriage way, so it’s outdated before they open it, same as the A15 from Peterborough to Spalding,… what ever happened to the Victorian idea of makeing things bigger than needed so the could cope later, instead of the 20th century principal of build it for today, we’re not in charge next year.

What a shame that principle was abandoned, they truly cared about those who might come after them. Compare that to the rampant short-termism evident all around us.

It’s nothing less than a crime :neutral_face:

That’s Flore and Weedon soon to become a 7.5t limit then.

It’s been built with the scope to widen in future but every one round here has saud exactly the same in wondering why they didn’t just do it in the first place.

I’m not sure the second stretch between A5 and A45 is anywhere near complete either.

biggriffin:

I assume you mean the a16?

Apparently they put the bridge supports far enough apart that they won’t need moving if/when it is dialed.

If it ever happens they will likely be so old will need replacing anyway

kcrussell25:

biggriffin:

Apparently they put the bridge supports far enough apart that they won’t need moving if/when it is dialed.

Will all have sunk into the fen’s by time it’s duel’ed.

biggriffin:

kcrussell25:

biggriffin:

Will all have sunk into the fen’s by time it’s duel’ed.

Very true…

If it removes the nasty right turn to go up the hill towards the test centre it will be good for people taking their tests in the future! My trainer told me there has been a lot of people fail there just before getting back after the rest of the drive had been ok!

toonsy:
That’s Flore and Weedon soon to become a 7.5t limit then.

It’s been built with the scope to widen in future but every one round here has saud exactly the same in wondering why they didn’t just do it in the first place.

I’m not sure the second stretch between A5 and A45 is anywhere near complete either.

Far as I know the whole stretch from A45 at Cavalry Hill to J16 is complete and will be opening on 15th.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

IndigoJo:
Opening date for that new bit of the A45 confirmed as 15th November: https://www.daventryexpress.co.uk/news/opening-date-for-a45-link-road-near-weedon-finally-confirmed-1-8697077

Article has details of a party in Weedon village hall, if anyone’s interested …

You’ll be Billy No Mates if you go to Weedon village hall for the party - it’s being held in Flore :wink:

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I note that my TomTom is now happy to route via the newly opened road, although Google Maps still doesn’t think it even exists…

Roymondo:
I note that my TomTom is now happy to route via the newly opened road, although Google Maps still doesn’t think it even exists…

My firm has a mix of Tom toms with various ages , my current truck has a tablet style one and is very up to date , but my old 26t rigid still shows the A13/A130 Saddlers farm interchange as the magic roundabout

Wish they would duel the A1

Roymondo:

My Garmin thought it was open a week before it actually was, and tried to direct me straight down it.

It’s also been showing the new A14 outside Huntingdon as an actual road, even though that’s a couple of years away from opening yet.

IndigoJo:

Roymondo:

My Garmin thought it was open a week before it actually was, and tried to direct me straight down it.

It’s also been showing the new A14 outside Huntingdon as an actual road, even though that’s a couple of years away from opening yet.

Same.

Also same on Aberdeen bypass. I live in hope that one say it may open lol

IndigoJo:

Roymondo:

I’ve the opposite problem. My Snooper didn’t show the new A5505 from M1 J11a into Dunstable for about a year, despite me updating a few times.