Never seen this job before!

Not the usual sort of job so I thought it might be interesting to put it on here

HGV DRIVING AGENCY FRANCHISE
Job No: LCR/69108
Wage £14 to £18 Per Hour
Hours DAYS AND NIGHTS
Location leicester LE1
Duration Permanent
Date posted 31 October 2012
Description
Want to run your own Driving Agency and have a HGV licence Can you still drive 2 to 3 days per week then why not consider a franchise with Driverfast. There is no Franchise fee and we even pay your drivers weekly on your behalf all you do is manage the business and we pay you the profits weekly. Its that simple. If you have the ability to manage your own business the call scott for a chat
You can apply for this job by telephoning ext 0 and asking for Scott Hayden.
Employer DriverFast Ltd

Something funny about it, the company owner doesn’t mention it on his LinkedIn page, his experience seems to be as an army driver after which he was a salesman and a microlight instructor, nothing connected to driver agency work. Both the company and the domain appear to be new so I suspect it’s someone just looking as if they have the background when actually they don’t.

Go for it Rog.

Let us know how you get on.

P.S. You’d need to be daft to even waste the cost of the initial phone call.

I would say to someone who was un-employed, what’s to lose? If someone has left the army with some cash to give it a go with your experience whats to lose so long as their are not asking you for your cash or credit go for it . It just could get someone out of a hole.

He’s getting about;

HGV DRIVING AGENCY FRANCHISE Vacancy from

Job No:CHF/49512

Add to ‘My job basket’

SOC Code:8211

Wage £14 to £18 Per Hour

Hours DAYS AND NIGHTS

Location birmingham B37

Duration Permanent

Date posted 31 October 2012

Pension details No details held

Description;

Want to run your own Driving Agency and have a HGV licence Can you still drive 2 to 3 days per week then why not consider a franchise with Driverfast. There is no Franchise fee and we even pay your drivers weekly on your behalf all you do is manage the business and we pay you the profits weekly. Its that simple. If you have the ability to manage your own business the call scott for a chat

How to apply:

You can apply for this job by telephoning ext 0 and asking for Scott Hayden.

Employer

DriverFast Ltd

Franchises are like the worst of all possible worlds. If there’s no work, you won’t get paid. Worse, you’ll pay standing charges whilst not working. If someone is offering a franchise, that means that they couldn’t make any money out of it, and want to pyramid it on (multi-level marketing style) to try and make it pay.

Someone with a lorry wants it driven. Some money passes between them, and the driver who ends up driving said lorry.

Anyone else involved is merely a “middleman” and doesn’t deserve to be part of the equation.

miketdt:
I would say to someone who was un-employed, what’s to lose? If someone has left the army with some cash to give it a go with your experience whats to lose so long as their are not asking you for your cash or credit go for it . It just could get someone out of a hole.

I’m a little bit puzzled by your nonsensical response.

Does anyone who’s unemployed have nothing to lose?

Who’s just left the army & has some cash?

What if Scott does ask me for cash? Should I only say NO if I’ve just left the army?

What if I’ve just left the Navy?

Perhaps, everyone who finds themselve’s unemployed at this time in our history, should leap upon such a chance of possible employment?

You don’t pay to go to work - period.

Anyone asking for upfront cash to get you a job/self-employment opportunity is attempting to defraud you - pure and simple.

If there was a ‘true business opportunity’ there, then you wouldn’t have to pay for it, rather just submit your skills and time. Therefore, the stranger “with” this amazing opportunity would actually keep it all for their friends and family, since it’s too good just to pan out to any old bod who’s a complete stranger to them.

Their “marks” are people with redundancy lump sums, forces discharge lump sums, matured investment lump sums, and even recent damages payouts - taking advantage of the bod in question feeling somewhat “flush” for the time being, and looking for somewhere to waste their money. Why not with THIS neat franchise being offered by Shyster and Nikitt of God knows what address, no apparent assets, and impossible to get anything out of once the money has been parted with.

They’ll tell you “You can’t pay for a franchise with installments” (unless it’s secured on your house!) which should add to any suspicions one has about the likelyhood of such ventures going ■■■■ up from the start. “We’re not licensed credit brokers” they’ll argue. Well, you need to be licensed at least to steal money legally, so such a statement speaks volumes in itself.

Compare this to your own area, especially the industrial estates in your own area.

“Antisocial behaviour” includes running scams and fiddles that leave people out of pocket, but with no further action taken by police.

Must be blitzing the country, advertised in Leeds area too, a cheap franchise perhaps, if it was only £5k and you managed to sell 20 franchises, you’d do ok out of it :unamused: :imp:

I don’t really get it… Please, tell me if I understand correctly: so now agencies not only want us to drive for them, but they also want us to “agencing” for them, and they will just sit in the pub and shave their claims of our income?

At the moment, I work casually directly with one company, they pay me agreed rate, and I don’t need to worry for any paperwork etc… Both sides are happy - I am paid more than if I was on agency, they have to pay less than if they hired driver from agency… How that Rog’s offer is supposed be better for me?

Caveat emptor?,I’ll let others translate :wink:

orys:
At the moment, I work casually directly with one company, they pay me agreed rate, and I don’t need to worry for any paperwork etc… Both sides are happy - I am paid more than if I was on agency,

Doesn’t sound too bad orys, you’ve got yourself a nice little number there :wink:

COOKiEEES!!:
Doesn’t sound too bad orys, you’ve got yourself a nice little number there :wink:

Well, could be better TBH, but still better than driving some falling apart banger and handballing tons of drinks for agency at 6.50 p/h :slight_smile:

But I was rather thinking about the general rule than myself especially. Because when i think about it, I work casually for this new company only because it’s quiet in my place when I work when I have time, so in fact I work casually for two companies :slight_smile: