Never seen this happen before!

Poor fella’s slider has slid a bit too far & dumped the box on the deck. This happened about 4.00pm today on the Falkirk - Grangemouth road. :open_mouth:

only thing i can think is it has’nt been locked off :blush:

happened on the M6 a few weeks back glad I have nothing to do with them

I think he’s looking under the trailer for a hole so the ground can swallow him up. :blush: :blush:

Could you class this as break or just leave it on other work?

Maybe the TM insisted on a split shift.

Could happen to any of us. Had to laugh though

not locked off and broken stops

happened a few weeks ago on the approach to Pump Island from the Aston Expressway in Birmingham

Saaamon:

He’s not going anywhere for a while, has to be P.O.A

Its not uncommon to have a pin come loose and drop out as its happened to me. Two loose and your deffo in trouble. It would be interesting to know which pin holes the trailer was set in prior to the mishap as they shouldnt be run in the 40 holes with a heavy 20.

Who’s trailers that Mitchell’s?

Saaamon:

:laughing: ■■■■■■■ brilliant, it’s on every other topic on forum so why not eh :laughing:

Not Mitchell’s that, if you click on pic it zooms out and shows you a plain white and red MAN , Mitchell’s has all new up to date gear now, looks a little shabby for them

Haha thanks mate I’d been looking at half a photograph

I can imagine that happening when you’re stretching a trailer back out, especially if the box is very heavy, the trailer is a bit ‘sticky’ as some of them are and add in a MAN auto gearbox and I could see it happening very easily. But on the road, he’s obviously not checked his pins IMHO or the pins have both fell off…

Is there not some kind of stopper to prevent this happening? A failsafe?

mucker85:
Is there not some kind of stopper to prevent this happening? A failsafe?

Yeah, but I’ve no idea how strong it is.

When you ‘stretch’ a slider trailer out, you normally do it to the bump stop and then back it off to where you want it set, experience tells you how far if it’s say the 2nd hole from the back or whatever.

As I said above, sometimes you’ve just loaded a load of scrap metal, that 20’ container weighs around 30t and you’re trying to stretch your trailer with a crappy gearbox on bumpy ground, it can go with a nice bang on the bump stops, I’m more surprised that it doesn’t happen more often tbh but that’s at the time of stretching it back out, not in transport on the road, I’ve never expected it to happen whilst I’m driving down the road.

Shouldn’t laugh but…

Scrap metal is a right pain in a 20 when you have to pull him back out & there’s no weight on your drive wheels.

My first ever artic job as a green horn subby some ten years ago, cheers.

Wasn’t he using any ratchet straps ?

Ryy86:
Who’s trailers that Mitchell’s?

Looks like duncan adams finest :grimacing: